Search for content in message boards

Jasper N Garrison B 1833 to David / Elizabeth Garrison

Jasper N Garrison B 1833 to David / Elizabeth Garrison

Posted: 11 Mar 2012 2:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Has there been any DNA work done on this Garrison line?

I found a David Garrison (1870 census) living in Cave Spring, Georgia. One of his sons was named Jasper Garrison on the 1850 census.

He had another son named James.

My great-grandfather was James Madison Garrison who was a sawmill operator.

On the 1870 census, I noticed that David Garrison also operated a saw mill.

Curious if there is a connection. Any thoughts and or opinions would be welcomed.

TIA

Re: Jasper N Garrison B 1833 to David / Elizabeth Garrison

Posted: 27 Aug 2012 2:01PM GMT
If there is a direct male descendant of Jasper N Garrison still living, I am willing to pay for a Y-DNA test via Family Tree DNA.

Posted: 29 Aug 2012 5:56PM GMT
Surnames: Garrison
There are lots of us! Which one do you want? Jasper Newton Garrison was my great great grandfather. His oldest son John Henry was my great grandfather and my grandfather was Clarence Julian Sr. and my dad Clarence Julian Jr.

Posted: 29 Aug 2012 6:10PM GMT
Surnames: Garrion
No DNA work that I know of.
The David Garrison that you speak of did have son Jasper Newton Garrison - he is my great great grandfather!
Divid also had a son named James. James died of phenomena in the Civil War. Jasper had many children. His oldest son John Henry was my great grandfather. Jasper's third son was JAMES MADISON GARRISON, b. November 29, 1859, Georgia; d. August 15, 1926.
So you are right, there is a connection. I have lots more info if you would like. Contact me at bnbgarrison@swat.coop.

Gary Garrison

Posted: 24 Oct 2012 3:17PM GMT
Jasper Newton Garrison was my paternal great-grandfather. His daughter, Julia Garrison, was my paternal grandmother; she was married to Wesley Garrett Henley.

My older brother, James W. Henley, has done a lot of work on our family's genealogy. Perhaps you have been in touch with him already. His email address is jhenley1945@yahoo.com.

Posted: 1 Aug 2013 6:44AM GMT
Surnames: Garrison
My father-in-law is the great-great grandson of Jasper N Garrison, therefore making my husband the ggg grandson of him.

Posted: 19 Oct 2013 9:50PM GMT
Hi, who is your father-in-law? I also am great-great grandson of Jasper Newton Garrison. I am Gary Garrison descended from Jaspers first son John Henry Garrison through Clarence Julian Garrison Sr. and Clarence Julian Garrison Jr. Would be happy to share information.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic