Search for content in message boards

Surnames Astl and Klepeis

Surnames Astl and Klepeis

Posted: 20 Mar 2010 7:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Astl, Klepeis
Hi everyone!

I am looking for any information in regards to the surnames Astl and Klepeis. My great-grandparents came from the Burgenland region from the villages of Strem and Moschendorf. They emigrated to the US (Northampton, PA) and their names are Josephine Klepeis and Stefan Astl. Any information is appreciated.

Thank you.

Re: Surnames Astl and Klepeis

Posted: 21 Mar 2010 12:23PM GMT
Michael Klepeisz OO Anna Hischtel, marriage date 22.01.1693 in Urbersdorf (Strem is about 6 km away), father of Anna: Christoph Hischtel (I have a picture of the original record), I also have records for Astl/Asztl from Poppendorf (1750-1900)
Regards
Alexandra

Posted: 21 Mar 2010 10:15PM GMT
Surnames: Astl, Klepeis
Hi Alexandra,

Thank you for the information. The facts that I have collected is as follows:

1. My great grandmother Josefa(Josephine)Klepeis was born to Ferdinand Klepeis and Maria Feibel. Josefa also had a brother named Stefan Klepeis. Maria Feibel died and Ferdinand married Katherine Garger. I have information that Ferdinand's parents were Ambrose Klepeis and Elisabeth Unger. They were married around 1835.

2. As for the Astl side, Stefan or Steve Astl married Josefa (Josephine) Klepeis - they are my great grandparents. Stefan's parents were Agnes Wolfel and Astl (I do not know the first name of his dad). Stefan and Josefa came to the US and settled in Northampton, PA. They had six children: John, Frank, Katherine, Anna, Helen and Steve. Frank is my grandfather. Frank Astl married Mae Sukenik (my grandmother) and they had two children: Jim and Barry. Barry is my father.

This is all the knowledge I have of my family history. I would like to go back even further if possible. I am not sure if I would be related to Michael Klepeis or Anna Hischtel, because there are other families in the area with the same or similar last name.

Can you provide any more details to link my information to yours?

Thank you for your time and help on this!

Tracy

Posted: 22 Mar 2010 7:35AM GMT
Hi Tracy,
unfortunately I have only the data from the marriage record. I'm not a descendant of the Klepeis/Astl family and I found this marriage record quite by chance.
I wish you good luck for your further research,
Alexandra

Posted: 4 Nov 2011 12:47AM GMT
hello
my mame is meital
i am from israel
my father grandmother was rachel sukenik
they lived in kiev ukraine
is it helps you?
per page