Search for content in message boards

Kemp-Welch Families

Kemp-Welch Families

Posted: 14 Dec 2003 11:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Jan 2005 2:29PM GMT
I would like to connect with anyone having the surname KEMP-WELCH in their family tree. I have 50 KEMP-WELCH's, 86 KEMPE's, and 190 KEMP's in my gedcom. My family line includes Martin KEMP and his son Martin KEMP-WELCH and would like to connect and exchange information with anyone with the surname of KEMP-WELCH.

KEMP-WELCH Originator:
Martin KEMP-WELCH born 7 Nov 1772 Poole, Dorset, England (1,2,3)
Christened:22 Nov 1772 Skinner Street-Independent, Poole, Dorset, England (1)
Death:Abt 11 Jun 1837 Poole, Dorset, England (2)

Married; Elizabeth WATTS (b.1780 England (1) 7 Apr 1801 Poole, Dorset, England (1)

Martin and Elizabeth had seven children:
George 1802 Poole, Dorset, England
Martin 1804 Poole, Dorset, England
James (Doctor) 1810 Poole, Dorset, England
Elizabeth 1812 Poole, Dorset, England
Edward Ashburner 1818 Poole, Dorset, England
Thomas 1819 Poole, Dorset, England

London Gazette16 MAY 1795.

THE KING HAS BEEN PLEASED TO GRANT UNTO MARTIN KEMP OF TOWER HILL, LONDON.
SON OF MARTIN KEMP OF POOLE, DORSET, HIS ROYAL LICENCE THAT HE AND HIS ISSUE
MAY TAKE THE SURNAME OF WELCH IN ADDITION TO THAT OF KEMP IN COMPLIANCE WITH
THE WISH OF HIS MATERNAL UNCLE, GEORGE WELCH, ENQUIRE, OF THE CITY OF
LONDON, BANKER.

SOURCES:
(1) LDS IGI Individual Record
(2) G.Ward Kemp, Kemps of Ollantigh and Kemps of Poole, McKay Printing, Seattle Washington 1939.
(3)Hitchin-Kemp, Frederick, A General History of the Kemp and Kempe Families of Great Britain, London, Leadenhall Press, 1902

Re: Kemp-Welch Families

Posted: 5 Sep 2009 7:06AM GMT
Edited: 13 Dec 2013 1:17AM GMT
Surnames: Kemp
Hi,

Just wondering if you are still looking for KEMP researchers? I am searching all KEMP lines in Australia and New Zealand and then back to England, Scotland and Ireland.

Please feel free to view my website at:

http://www.kempfamilyhistory.com

and make contact.

Regards,
Andrew

Posted: 25 Feb 2013 9:20PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Hello,A long time has past since you posted your query. Martin Forest Kemp Welch B. 21/9/1831. D.14/11/1858. was the father of my great grandfather Charles Forest Damon. The Kemp Welch family provided an income for his mother, and education for Charles . The name Forest has been carried on through the generations right up to today. I am Pamela Clark, I live in Canada.

Posted: 24 Jun 2013 6:39AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2013 3:12PM GMT
Surnames: Kemp, Quinlane, Welch
Hi, I'm descended from the Kemps of Cork in Ireland and we have traced them back to a William Kemp who married Anne Quinlane in Cork in 1686. Because the family used a coat of arms very similar to the one used by the Kemps of Gissing Hall and Olantigh we think William was probably English and have been exploring the possibility that he may have been a brother or an uncle of Martin Kemp who married Mary Welch. Do you know anything about the early ancestors of your Martin Forrest Kemp Welch?
Regards, Jenny.

Posted: 24 Jun 2013 4:59PM GMT
Yes, I have Charles. His mother was Fanny, she was born 1835 in Poole, Dorset. I believe her full name was Mary Frances but I may be wrong. I have membership for now in Ancestry.com and will delve into this farther. And yes Charles was son to Martin Forest Kemp-Welch.

I would love to share more if you have it. At this time I have no birthdates or deathdates on Charles, let alone anything on marriage if he wedded.

I am more then glad to share all I have.

Posted: 24 Jun 2013 5:07PM GMT
I see some records on the marriage of these two, but not in my records. I would love to connect my Kemp lines to Ireland if I could for I know that there were records somewhere that I was reading about Kemp's in Ireland but the names didn't connect with mine at the time, now I know they do but for the devil of me I cannot remember where I saw those notes.

Your William, do you have any parents for him? And siblings at all? Any records of where he resided? William was such a very popular name for the Kemp family lines. I've searched for any Quinlanes since they usually married back and forth during those times, but I have no Quinlanes.

I do have membership right now in Ancestry.com and see many with this couple but none shpw parents for either and alot are unsourced.

Let me know if I can help further.

Posted: 24 Jun 2013 7:52PM GMT
Hi, Shall I call you Patrick . I am Pamela ,my G G grandfather, Martin Forest Kemp Welch was B:21 Sept 1831. Poole Dorset, D:14 Nov 1858, I am not sure if it was Poole. His mother was Elizabeth Sophia Forest. You are right about Mary "Fanny"Frances. If you wish, I can share my tree's with you. Hope to hear from you. Pamela.

Posted: 24 Jun 2013 8:30PM GMT
Hello Jenny, What I have discovered, about the Kemp Welch family of Poole Dorset is the Kemp name is from the female side. Martin Forest Kemp Welch B:1831, D:1858.son of Elizabeth Sophia Forest.and Martin Welch, Later he added Kemp to his name, his mother"s name!. so now I will research the Kemp"s and see what I can come up with. Martin Forest Kemp Welch , Was my G G Grandfather. Regards Pamela.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic