Search for content in message boards

Price Family from the south

Price Family from the south

Tonya Corbin (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Bible
Surnames: Street, Fowler
I am doing research on the Price Family. The Prices that I am researching are from SC and NC. I believe that there are some Cherokee Indian connections in this line but are not 100% sure. Please contact me in you think we are looking for the same set of Prices.

Re: Price Family from the south

Posted: 25 Jun 2001 6:44PM GMT
Surnames: Price
Tonya,

I believe we may be looking for the same set of Prices. My Price family is also from the south -- NC area, and there is a Cherokee connection. I'm in the process of trying to research where/ when the Cherokee link happened. Maybe we can assist each other. Feel free to contact me directly at prices@advisory.com.

Posted: 25 Jun 2001 8:44PM GMT
Edited: 24 Mar 2004 12:51AM GMT
I also am researching Price family from the South. My gggg-grandfather married a Cherokee lady in Alabama around 1825. His father may have come from the Carolinas. My email is bluebell@netegra.com

Posted: 27 Jun 2001 6:24PM GMT
Edited: 27 Dec 2002 1:54PM GMT
Surnames: Price, Elrod, Waddell
My dad's name was William Prather Price, he was told that he was born in Columbus, GA, Mar 16, 1912. There is no existing record of his birth that I've been able to find. Ihave been trying to find his father, James P.Price. My dad's mother's name was Mimma Jane, her maiden name was Waddell, and she died 3/25/1917 in Louisville, KY. Her family, the Elrods, hated my grandfather so much that his name was not even entered in the family Bible. I was told that he, my grandfather, was a "sager", one who lived off the land.
Hope we can help each-other.

Posted: 3 Jul 2001 4:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: PRICE, HARVEY
Looking for family data on this Sara Elizabeth Price. She married William Harvey around 1840-1842. They went to Titus
Co., TX, where both died. The data I have shows their first 3 kids born in LA, and the next few born in AR, and they
may or may not have had any born in TX. They are both buried in the Mt. Pleasant area.

If you have any info on these folks, please send me email at steve@webfree.net.

Thanks!

Lynn Martin (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jul 2001 3:06AM GMT
I have traced my familytree back to my G-Grandfather, David A. Price, Sr. born 10/1879, died 4/1943. I am trying to determine his mom's maiden name. My GG-Grandfather was Ashley Price and his wife was Jane Price. I was told by my father (Don Price) that his G-Grandmother was a Cherokee Indian. If you have any info on Jane's maiden name please let me know. Thanks

Posted: 3 Aug 2001 8:04PM GMT
Edited: 19 Aug 2001 11:43PM GMT
Surnames: Ex: Henry, Meachum, Kerr
I have ancestors in southern NC, Anson, Catawba, Lincoln, and Mecklenburg counties. If you have any history of Cherokee fitting in with the Prices please contact me also. Pearl Price Mowery, my grandmother's pictures looks as if she might be part Indian, she died when my father was a small child so I never knew her. thank you.

Posted: 21 Aug 2001 7:39PM GMT
My grandfather was named Edgar J. Price. He was Seminole Indian. Does that help?

Tim Jones (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 2001 12:49PM GMT
Surnames: Price
Looking for Price line, we do have cherokee indian blood line.
Alex Price married Sarah Liz Clifton. Sarah and alex were full
blood cherokee. Any information would help.....thanks

Shari (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2001 2:32PM GMT
I am also looking for the same.E-mail me at sgkrzg@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions