Search for content in message boards

Sugar Hollow families

Sugar Hollow families

Phil James (View posts)
Posted: 25 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: James, McAllister, Sandridge, Ballard, Wood, Via, Bowen, Maupin, Rippetoe, Gochenour, Daughtry, Beck, Harvey, Wyant, and any others
I would like to compile a list of all persons that have lived in Sugar Hollow in western Albemarle County, Virginia.
This area borders Augusta Co and the Shenandoah National Park. All submissions will be acknowledged. I am beginning research on all aspects of this mountain area and its people, churches, schools, stores, roads, mills, businesses, etc.
References to published or unpublished works would be appreciated.
Copies of ANY PHOTOS of the people or places would be
greatly appreciated.
Can you help me ?
Sincere thanks in advance,
Phil James
Crozet, Va
<

Charles Elmo Sandridge

Donald paxton Sandridge (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Sandridge, Paxton
My father's name was William Alexander Sandridge, son of Charles Elmo Sandridge of Whitehall, Botetourt County Va and Ellen Paxton. I am interested in any information about the parents of my grandparents. Thanks. don

Josiah Wood c1765-c1846

joseph kennedy (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: WOOD, WEATHERED, WATKINS
Looking for fellow family researchers with information to share on the ancestors and descendents of JOSIAH WOOD (b. Albemarle, VA?, possibly the son of Henry & Anne and d. before 1850, Smith County, TN) and PATIENCE WEATHERED (daughter of FRANCIS WEATHERED, b. ?, NC, d. c1854, Smith County, TN). Josiah Wood and Patience Weathered were married in double ceremony with SAMUEL WOOD and ELIZABETH WATKINS on 8 May 1787 in Albemarle, VA. Josiah likely had a brother SAMUEL WOOD and possibly brothers named REZAH and REUBEN.

Maupin/Via families

Barbara Hall (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Margaret Via, Daniel Maupin Sr
I am researching Daniel Maupin Sr. who married Margaret Via in 1719 or 1720 in possibly Hanover Co. She died in Albemarle Co. VA. If you have information about these two please e-mail me.

Wood's/Albemarle

Annie Foster Stover (View posts)
Posted: 12 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Wood, Belew
My g grandfather was Alexander Franklin Wood m Martha ? Children were James, John T,m Sadie Thurston, Joseph, Nettie m. Ed Davis, Sally m. ?Thurston, Thomas S b. June 1859, d. Feb 21, 1931, ADELINE CLOTILDI (my grandmother) b.Jan 12 1867, m Charles Everette Belew, Lawson Wood m Daisy Foster. ADELINE and Charles lived in Crozet Va. I have more info if you are interested. Annie
Posted: 10 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 4:09PM GMT
Surnames: Roston, Thomas, Batten, Sandridge
Anne,

Do you have any info on a Virgina Belew ( from the Crozet area) that was married to Charles Roston ( may have spelled it Ralston). Charles was my great uncle and I would like to have info on her family. Uncle Charlie and Aunt Virgina were both killed in an automobile accident on 21 Oct 1982.

Also, do you know anything about an Early Belew? My Dad always said Early was a cousin of his, but I can't place him in the family.

Aunt Virginia and Uncle Charlie are buried at Mount Plains Cem. in Crozet. Early is buried there also.

Thanks, Linda
Posted: 11 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 16 May 2002 1:20PM GMT
Surnames: MAUPIN, VIA
Hi,
Just found your message. I am from the sanr Maupin Line.
Gabriel and Marie Hersent Maupin were the parents of Daniel Sr. They were French Huganots and came to Virginia in 1700.
I have the links from Gabriel thru my mother Inez Maupin.
My grandfather was Henry Kenton Maupin and my gr. grandfather was Danniel Granderson Maupin he was a M.D.
Let me know what you wish to know and I will get back with you. Thanks

Wood Family

Pat Yeager (View posts)
Posted: 13 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Wood, Foster
Lawson Wood and Daisy Foster of Albermarle County, were my great-great uncle and aunt. Looking for more information on Lawson's family. His nephew George Franklin Wood, also of Albermarle County was my gradfather.

Sugar Hollow

Posted: 28 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 10:25PM GMT
Surnames: Via
I have extensive information on the Via's of Sugar Hollow in Albemarle County, VA. I am of direct line. Pls e-mail me for info.
Posted: 25 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jan 2002 4:23AM GMT
Surnames: Rippetoe
Looking for information on the Rippetoe family in Albemarle County. Would appreciate any help possible. Thanks!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic