Search for content in message boards

Robert Dunlap of Ireland

Robert Dunlap of Ireland

Posted: 29 Mar 2008 11:23PM GMT
Classification: Immigration
Surnames: Dunlap/Dunlop
Aloha! Looking for relatives related to Robert Dunlap of Ireland. Born 1692. Immigrated to Topsham, Maine in 1730? Wife, Mary, and 3 children: John, Margaret, & Jane.

Re: Robert Dunlap of Ireland

Posted: 1 Apr 2008 9:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
HELLO! Sorry to reply on the Dunlap line. I was so excited to see your Schmitz posting--would you please please e-mail me on it? THANKS!!! adele
theschaffs2003@yahoo.com

Posted: 8 Feb 2014 10:05PM GMT
I am related to the Potter-Dunlap part of this tree. It seems that there was some intermarrying. Can you shed any light on this?

Posted: 24 Feb 2014 1:22AM GMT
Surnames: Dunlap/Potter lines
Hi Barbara,
I just noticed your response on Dunlap/Potter lines. I too am from that line. I have been looking for more on Robert Dunlap and find a lot of confusing info on this period. I have Margaret and her brother John marrying into the line. (Margaret to Lt. James Potter, and John marrying Elizabeth Thompson) James and Margaret's son Samuel Potter marrying his cousin, Elizabeth Dunlap.
I've been searching for Robert Dunlap's parents. Be happy to share any info I have on the Potter's or related lines.
Mary Potter married JeremiahMcGlinch and their daughter Delona Yetton McGlinch is my great-grandmother (I call her Delona I, as my grandmother and mother were both Delona Yetton as well)
Regards,
Doris

Posted: 3 Mar 2014 8:39PM GMT
Doris,
Thank you for your response. I did not know for sure that Margaret and John were siblings. Are you aware that John and Elizabeth Thompson Dunlap had at least 2 children ( Elizabeth and Ebenezer) and James and Margaret Dunlap Potter had at least 2 children (Samuel and Christanna). Now we get to the good part. Samuel married his cousin Elizabeth and his sister Christanna married her cousin Ebenezer. The Potter's had a son Samuel and the Dunlap's had a daughter Fannie, who married each other. They had a daughter Eleanor Potter, who is my g-g-grandmother. Eleanor married Isaac Ham. They must not of had too many neighbors.
Robert Dunlap is the end of what I have found too.
Barb

Posted: 18 Mar 2014 1:00AM GMT
I am related to this line and have some information on Robert Dunlap and his kids. You can contact me if you would like to share information.

Peggy Dunlap

Posted: 18 Mar 2014 3:08PM GMT
I would like to share information. You can email me directly at bldcwd@gmail.com.
Barb

Posted: 11 Sep 2014 5:30AM GMT
Hi, Barbara!

I believe Mary Potter's maiden name is Tinkham. I just discovered this while searching Margaret Dunlap-Potter (who married James Peter Potter) in Topsham, ME on the www.myheritage.com website.

Julie A. Potter-Dunlop (Dunlop is the Scots gaelic spelling of Dunlap, a variation)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic