Search for content in message boards

Family Tree

Family Tree

Posted: 23 Jan 2002 12:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, I am searching for any information on RICHARD.R.FOSS
& his wife ELIZABETH HALL from some where in Maine They supposedly had many children my husbands father CHARLES MARK FOSS being one of them, he was born in Brunswick MAINE in 1876 according to his death certificate.Their has to be out there some clue either records of ancestors or siblings or perhaps someone else searching the Foss name may have come across something.& I also feel their MUST!!!!!! be descendents.I don`t have much info; at all.I don`t know when or where Richard & Elizabeth were born or who their parents were.If someone has a clue no matter how insignificant it may seem PLEASE contact me!! THANKS
Sheila FOSS

Re: Family Tree

Elizabeth J Bailey (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2002 2:14PM GMT
My ggrandmother was a Foss, but I have no Richards. I assume that you have looked in the 1880 and 1890 census for Maine

Posted: 27 Feb 2002 8:32PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Edited: 11 Mar 2002 1:18PM GMT
I did check the census you mentioned also many more,I have been working on this many years to no avail.Thank you for responding...........Sheila

Posted: 27 Feb 2002 8:32PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Edited: 11 Mar 2002 1:18PM GMT
I did check the census you mentioned also many more,I have been working on this many years to no avail.Thank you for responding...........Sheila

Posted: 1 Jul 2002 6:52PM GMT
Surnames: Foss
George W Foss was born in 1835 in NY, father supposedly born in Maine (about 1810?). George is later found in CA & NV in 1870's and later. I have not been able to find anything on his parents. Maybe there is a connection--maybe your Foss went west also.

Re: Family Tree Chales m Foss

John Haley (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 2002 4:13AM GMT
http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi

Go to the above on the web- it's ancestry.com- sign in and then "search " for Charles m Foss.
You'll find richard s in the search. Also - email a distant cousin of mine at DORFOSS@NEMAINE.com.
I am a Foss descendent but didn't find Charles mark in my listings- However- She and I just spoke earlier this evening and she mentioned that a HALL Relative had given her some info to start her family tree search when she was younger . Ask her if that Richard is the same. If so then Welcome to the family -lol. We are related to most of the Foss family that live and have lived in ME. Good Luck .,and Good night ! John Haley

TERRY FOSS (View posts)
Posted: 27 Mar 2003 2:32AM GMT
I CANT SEEM TO GET TO THE MAIN LETTER ON CHARLES FOSS. CAN YOU GIVE ME A LITTLE INFO. WE HAVE A CHARLES FORSS BORN TO OLE SPAMPE FOSS ON OUR SIDE. ALSO LOOKING FOR INFO MARY CAROLINE JARRELL. STATED THAT SHE WAS THE FIRST WIFE OF MYGG-GRANDFATHER WILLIM LAURITZ VON BRETTON FOSS. ARE THESE THE SAME HE HAD A BROTHER NAMED CHARLES FOSS . THANK YOU TERRYROBIN@BULLOCH.NET TKS TERRY

Ted Steele (View posts)
Posted: 22 May 2006 4:30AM GMT
Hi-
I'm tracking a Charles Foss, born 1860, married Sarah Whitney, and had 10 kids. My main interest is their son Allan, born 1909. Any links here?
Ted

Posted: 6 Apr 2009 1:48AM GMT
Hi,
just saw your post for Richard Foss; i don't have the info right in front of me, but I could almost bet that one of my maternal grmother's brothers, was named Richard. She was Clara Meynell {Foss} Eldredge, b.cir 1889, d.1979, daughter of Captain Almus Y & Charlotte/Lottie {Meynell] Foss, of Hancock County, Me [according to their marriage info] in 1871. The other siblings were: Rufus, Louise, etc. will get back to you on this one
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions