Search for content in message boards

Charles America (Charlie) McGlothlin

Charles America (Charlie) McGlothlin

Posted: 24 Oct 2011 12:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McGlothlin
I am looking for the names of Charlie's Wifes. I found on his WW1 draft Sept 1918 his wife is Hazel. On the 1920 US Census his wife is Edna E. with one son. In July 1957 his wife was Sallie. I do not have any of their maiden names. Can anyone help me? Is the wife Hazel the same person Edna? He died in Weatherford, Texas and at the time of his death he was married according to his death certificate. Thanks for any help.

Re: Charles America (Charlie) McGlothlin

Posted: 24 Oct 2011 12:36AM GMT
When did he die? I might be able to find an obituary.

Posted: 24 Oct 2011 12:48AM GMT
How can you tell that all three are the same man?

Posted: 24 Oct 2011 12:50PM GMT
He Died Jan. 28, 1968 in Weatherford, Parker County, Texas

Posted: 24 Oct 2011 1:27PM GMT
The WW1 Draft (1918) has the same birthday as the death certificate. The 1930 Census has referenced his parents names.The 1920 Census has is parents birth place in Texas which is true. Also the Death Certificte does have his partents name and shows that he is married. As for the third wife I have a picture from a family member stating that the woman in the picture is his wife in 1957. He Died Jan. 28, 1968 in Weatherford. He is my Husband's grand uncle. Am I missing something in this puzzle?

Posted: 24 Oct 2011 1:41PM GMT
Edited: 24 Oct 2011 1:41PM GMT
Sounds like just the maiden names! LOL! :)

Hopefully there are marriage indexes for the county(ies) he lived in around the time of his marriages.

I'll also see if I can find an obit...

Posted: 24 Oct 2011 10:31PM GMT
According to the Texas Death Index, he was single when he died. There should either be a death record for his last wife or a divorce record then.

Have you checked any county records yet? or just things online?

Posted: 24 Oct 2011 11:48PM GMT
I have a copy of his death certificate and it shows that he was married. The informant was listed as Mrs C.A. McGlothlin. He was at the Hospital in Weatherford Campbell Memorail Hospital). I have tried to look up the Obituary from Ft Worth Star Telegram on line with no luck. I was thinking it was because he died in 1968. If I would contact the furnal home, would they give me anything on Charles?

Posted: 24 Oct 2011 11:56PM GMT
The Texas Death Index must be a mistake then.

I tried the subscriptions I had, but I haven't found an obit for him. :(

Since you know where he was buried (listed on death certificate) then you could contact the cemetery. Perhaps his last wife was buried next to him? The cemetery might also have more info on other family members.

If the funeral home is still in business, then it wouldn't hurt to see if they will share any info, too.

Sorry -- I thought I'd be able to find more info! :(

Posted: 25 Oct 2011 12:02AM GMT
Thank you for your help. This is all new to me I am just starting my search on our family tree. Hope you have a great evening.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic