Search for content in message boards

Anna Marie Grimo & Vincenzo Ascoli Families from Vieste, Italy

Anna Marie Grimo & Vincenzo Ascoli Families from Vieste, Italy

Posted: 30 Jan 2011 10:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Jan 2011 6:00PM GMT
Surnames: Ascoli, Grimo, Ruggeiro, Morgo, Dilello
In 1913 Lorenzo Ascoli 4 and 1/2, his brother Mike 2 and 1/2 and their mother Anna Marie Grimo Ascoli emigrated to the US. They disembarked in Providence Rhode Island and settled in Bristol Rhode Island. Anna Marie was the daughter of Michele Grimo and Francesca Ruggeiro. Anna Marie was married to Vincenzo Ascoli.
There is a possibility she had two sisters, Libera and Rosina who also lived in the Providence-Bristol area. They could have been married a DiLello (Rosina) and a Morgo (Libera)
I will be traveling to Vieste this year and would like to know if any relatives still live there.
Attachments:

Re: Anna Marie Grimo & Vincenzo Ascoli Families from Vieste, Italy

Posted: 6 Sep 2011 6:53AM GMT
Surnames: Di Lello, Grimo
Hello, My grandfather is Nicholas Di Lello. His mother was Rosina Grimo and his father was Emilio Di Lello. My granfather was born in Providence, RI so I supsect we are talking about the same person. I would love to know if you have any other information about my great grandmother, Rosina Grimo, if you have any!

Posted: 6 Sep 2011 7:12PM GMT
Edited: 6 Sep 2011 7:25PM GMT
Troy

I dont have a lot of info about Rosina. She lived in Bristol. There was a sister by the name of Libera Grimo who lived in Bristol also. Besides Anna maria and these two sisters there where to brothers, Nicola and Franceso. All I believe immagrated to the US.
Do you reside in Rhode Island or do you have family in Rhode Island. I leave for Italy in October to visit their home town of Vieste. Would be nice to know where Rosina was born?
Also, could you give me Nicholas' dates of birth and death and where he might ave died?

Posted: 8 Sep 2011 11:00PM GMT
I'm looking into this. I have some information on my family tree, including my grandfather's birth and death and all his brothers and sisters, parents, etc.

I found the manifest for Rosa Grimo (Di Lello) suggesting she was already married in 1909 when she came here. Her previous place of residence was Vietri (sul Mare?) which is on the way to Napoli, perhaps a stopping point before departing. Also it might have been copied down wrong by the person who wrote the record.. it might actually be Vieste written wrong.

I also found a Michele Grima (not Grimo) born in 1849 and according this this person's family tree his birth place is Vieste. This one looks a little off though, the wife is listed as Francesca di Del Vecchi, not Ruggiero. The siblings don't match either. If your pedigree is 100% then this must be a different Michele Grima than Michael Grimo. Very close though, hmmm...

Looks like you put Cittad Victi on your tree for the birthplace of Rosina and so did somebody named John Di Lello, but I don't know why that is on there, it doesn't make much sense to me unless there is some document or suggestion that she was born there. I'd say it's a little but unlikely.

You must be very close to the right location if not absolutely. I know there are a lot of Di Lello's in that south eastern part of Italy too.

I would like to know the same information you want. Let's stay in touch with updates. I'm not from Rhode Island, I'm in CA but I do have the address of a relative whom I plan on writing. He might know more.

Posted: 10 Sep 2011 2:12AM GMT
What is the name of your family tree?
I am still trying to complete my search befor going to Italy in October.

Posted: 10 Sep 2011 2:31AM GMT
Edited: 10 Sep 2011 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Di Lello
The name is "Di Lello Family Tree" but I don't know how to get to it other than my own login. I made it public and I sent it to your ancestry.com account. I think you should get it in your messages. Let me know if not! It's really exciting that you are going there. I hope you can find lots of records and family!
Troy

Posted: 19 Sep 2011 5:26PM GMT
Troy,
Thanks for the invite to your tree. As soon as I figure out how to do the same I'll let you know.
I just talked to a John DiLello in New Jersy whos great grand was Rose Grimo DiLello and he asked me to pass on his email address. I'll give you mine as well. John's is jdilello57@verizon.net and my e-mail is lmasacoli@gmail.com.
I'm sure of the family connection based on the information John gave me about the death of Rosina's husband. He died in a hunting accident. My father indicated he died from a gun shot wound while hunting.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions