Search for content in message boards

Henrietta Wickham Burns from Athens, OH - I HAVE ORIGINAL PHOTO! She died at age 26 or 27.

Henrietta Wickham Burns from Athens, OH - I HAVE ORIGINAL PHOTO! She died at age 26 or 27.

Posted: 14 Aug 2004 4:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Jan 2005 2:44AM GMT
Surnames: Wickham Burns Atkinson Culver Hatch
Henrietta is my Great Great Grandmother and she was married to Henry Marion Burns. She died very young. They had 3 children: Fanny Burns who married Paul Atkinson, Berta Burns who married Elmer Halbirt, and Warren Burns who married Elizabeth Harmon. After Henrietta died, Henry married Belle Smith and they had the following children: Ernest Burns, Maude Burns, and Ethel Burns. I have an original phto of Ernest and Maude Burns from the late 1800's or early 1900's. Please e-mail if you'd like to swap info, or copies of photos. Thanks! mcclung@charter.net

Re: Henrietta Wickham Burns from Athens, OH - I HAVE ORIGINAL PHOTO! She died at age 26 or 27.

Ed (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jan 2005 5:24PM GMT
Curious if you have information on Orrick Butler WICKHAM b.abt.1814 Athens Co.,Oh. Orrick Wickham/Rosanna DILLE Oct.30,1837 Athens Co.,Oh. Divorce petition Wickham,Orrick vs.Rosanna,1840 Athens Co.,Oh.,dismissed. Divorce petition 1846 Wickham,Orrick vs Rosanna,accused her of adultry,and having a child with another man. Divorce decreed 1847.Orrick Wickham can be found in 1880 in Indiana. Rosanna Dille/Jesse McDaniel,1850 Morgan Co.,Oh.Found Jane W.age 9 b.Oh.(other) in 1850 census w/Jesse and Rosanna McDaniel. Could this be the child in question? Believe Orrick married a Catherine in Athens,then went on to marry 2 more women in Indiana? Can be found with w/wife Margaret (nee Brown?) in the 1880 Indiana census,children born Iowa and Indiana. We descend from Dille/McDaniel. Curious if you have anything in your Wickham family history proving or disproving this accusation?

Re: Henrietta Wickham Burns from Athens, OH - I HAVE ORIGINAL PHOTO! She died at age 26 or 27.

Keith (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jan 2005 7:27PM GMT
Sorry....none of these names ring a bell with the geneaology records that I have.

Ed (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jan 2005 7:32PM GMT
When was Henrietta Wickham born? There were Wickham families in Athens at least by 1820. I'm sure your Henrietta is somehow related to Orrick.

Keith (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2005 2:40AM GMT
Henrietta was born in 1846 and died in 1873. I don't know if any of this helps, but here it is anyway.... My Henrietta was the daughter of Warren and Harriet Wickham. She had the following sibilings; Hartley, Fanny, William, Parker, Zeba and Cynthia.

Henrietta's father was Warren Wickham His parents were John wickham and Clarissa Clarinda Hatch Culver.

Henrietta's mother was Harriet Ann Stones James Wickham.

Yes, they were all from Athens, County, Ohio. However the Orrick name has never crossed my geneaology research. I'll keep looking.

Ed (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2005 2:59AM GMT
Orrick Wickham was a brother to your Warren ,he had the same parents. Orrick Wickham can be found in the 1850 Athens Co.,Oh. census,w/ wife #2 Catherine ,if I remember correctly. I only have access to the FREE 1880 census these days. You can find him in the 1880 Ashmore,Coles,Illinois census with w/ wife #4, I believe,Margaret (nee Brown). They were married,1874,Coles,Illinois. In 1880 Orrick Wickham was 63 b.Oh/Vt/NY,as father John Wickham wasn't born in Ohio.Another interesting note,Orrick had children born in Iowa and Illinois,so I suspect he lived in Iowa around 1860? Should you come across anything about Orrick and his first wife Rosanna DILLE,who he married in 1837,and divorced in 1847,please feel free to contact me.

Ed (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2005 3:25AM GMT
This is what I have on your Wickham family. John Wickham b.July 1,1787 Vt. Married Clarissa Clarinda Culver b.NY. ,Rome twp,Athens Co.,Oh. 1814. Children: Warren W. b.Apr.21,1814,Orrick B. b.Nov.23,1816, Sylvester Culver b.Feb.2,1819,Lydia b.1821, Winslow b.July 28,1825,and Samantha C. b.Apr.21,1827,in Bern twp.,Athens Co.,Oh. John Wickham's parents were reported as Joseph Wickham & Deborah. Good luck on your research.

Ed (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jan 2005 3:51PM GMT
Were you able to verify the information I gave you on your family? So it seems Orrick was a uncle to your Henrietta Wickham. Since you are descended from Henrietta,I was hoping you might have heard some familiy "stories" about old uncle WICKHAM,as I suspect he was quite a "character". I have a Jane "W" born Oh.abt.1841 w/Rosanna ( nee Dille) McDaniel in the 1850 Oh. census. Suspect this may be the child born during her marriage to Orrick? Were you able to verify Orrick Wickham in the 1880 census? You can find his first wife,Rosanna (nee Dille) McDaniel in the 1880 Bern,Athens Co.,Oh. census. Should you come across anything concerning Orrick Wickham,his 1837 marriage,and 1847 divorce ,please feel free to e-mail me. Good Luck on your research.

Posted: 12 Feb 2005 3:36AM GMT
Hi Ed,....I'm Dale Wickham and I have some family from Ohio but they were from Hancock County, up by Findlay. John Wickham up there was one of the first school tearchers, postmaster and sheriff.
You can read more about most of the Wickham's and dates in: www.heritagepursuit.com/hancock/hancockIndex.htm
Good huntin' and if you find anything I'll read it here...

Posted: 27 Nov 2006 6:47PM GMT
HAVE SOME INFO ON ORRICK WICKHAM IF INTERESTED.

REGARDS

DON GREUEY
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions