Search for content in message boards

Eveline Potter, dau of Pardon Potter; married Newell R. Barr 1857 Hancock Co., IL

Eveline Potter, dau of Pardon Potter; married Newell R. Barr 1857 Hancock Co., IL

Posted: 16 Feb 2009 4:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Potter Barr Burch Ferrill Grisham
Eveline Potter b. abt 1840 probably Adams Co. IL; daughter of Pardon Potter married Newell R. Barr in Hancock Co., IL. Eveline died shortly before 1870 and had the following known children:
1- Daniel Thomas Barr b. 10 Jan 1859 Hancock Co., IL; d. 28 Apr 1912 St. Clair Co., MO. His death was a tragic death. He married Mary Elizabeth Burch.
2- Martha Ellen "Ella" Barr b. abt 1862 Illinois
3- John S. Barr b. 13 Jan 1863 Hancock Co., IL; d. 11 May 1891 in Missouri State Hospital in Vernon Co., MO (MO Death Record Scan); married Esther B Ferrill.
4- Mary Lucinda Barr b. Abt 1865 IL.
5- Ulysses Grant "Grant" Barr b. 5 Jan 1867 Dallas City, Hancock Co., IL; d. 20 Nov 1925 Speedwell Twp.. St. Clair Co., MO. His death was a tragic death.
6- Charles C. Barr b. Abt 1869 IL.
Newell Barr re-married Lucy A. Grisham 10 Mar 1870 Hancock Co. IL, and they had Fanny B.Barr b. abt 1872 IL.
I am posting this because of several errors I see on Rootsweb Connect Trees pertaining to these Barr's. My interest is through Eveline Potter whose father Pardon Potter was a brother of my 2g gf Uriah Potter.
Marysue..... now in Aransas Pass. TX

Re: Eveline Potter, dau of Pardon Potter; married Newell R. Barr 1857 Hancock Co., IL

Posted: 31 Oct 2012 1:24AM GMT
Surnames: Potter Barr
Martha Ellen Barr (12/6/1863 - 2/13/1934) married Smith McGinnis Potter on 12/7/1879 in Bates Co. Missouri. They are my paternal great grandparents.
My gg-grandfather Samuel Gray Potter and Pardon are likely brothers. Smith M. Potter is Samuel's son. I suspect they were cousins, but still doing early research. If you have info on Pardon and Uriah, please contact me. Interesting lot, the Potter family.

Re: Martha Barr, wife of Smith Potter

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 5:47PM GMT
Surnames: Potter Barr
Your great grandmother Martha Ellen.... Do you have her death record or have you seen it?
Missouri has scanned the death records 1910 - 1961 and I was just looking at her death record. I found it interesting that she died in the State Hospital. She had lived in that hospital over 14 years. The informant on the record was a employee of the hospital, not one of her children. Wonder why one of her children didn't sign it and give information.
Why not drop me a line at marysueeulitz@prodigy.net. Thanks for your information and let me know what you do have on you gg gf Samuel Gray Potter's siblings.
Marysue

Re: Martha Barr, wife of Smith Potter

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 8:35PM GMT
I just sent a note to your email account.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic