HASSARD - Fermanagh

Posted: 10 Sep 2008 4:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: JOHNSTON, PERRY, HASSARD
TRYING TO FIND INFORMATION ON:

I
JOHN HASSARD - b. abt. 1820........... had a son

II
ALEXANDER HASSARD b abt 1840 married Emily PERRY dec 23, 1867.......... had children

III
THERESA HASSARD, spinster
ROBERT HENRY HASSARD - R.C.M.P. Canada
ALEXANDER HASARD Children: Joseph, John, Wm., Mary, Herbert
JAMES HASSARD Children, James & Elsie
JOHNSTON HASSARD Children, Alexander, Minnie, Evelyn
WILLIAM JOHN HASSARD b. about 1869 d. 1925 Cleenish Cemetery married ELIZABETH JOHNSTON b.abt. 1883 d. 1929 Cleenish Cemetery ..... had children

IV
John "Jack" Andrew Hassard b. abt 1907, worked at the Lucy Farm near Enniskillen where he died in an accident

William Hassard/HAZZARD b. abt 1906 lived in Dublin until his death

Alexander Hassard b. Aug. 24, 1905 married in Toronto, Ontario where he died

Places mentioned by the family where,
Bellanaleck, Cavan, Bawn Boy, Enniskillen, Five Points or Five Corners, and DRUMRAINEY.

If anyone could advise me where to start looking for family information it would sure be appreciated
Brenda Hassard, St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada

Re: HASSARD - Fermanagh

Posted: 10 Oct 2008 12:01AM GMT
births. WILLIAM JOHN 25-8-1868 BORN ENNISKILLEN,FERMANAGH.
ALEXANDER 23-3-1873. MARIA 16-7-1875.KATE 28-10-1877.EMILY 17-2-1880. ALL BORN DRUMCONDRA, CAVAN.

PARENTS. ALEXANDER HASSARD & EMILY PERRY.

Posted: 19 Oct 2008 12:52AM GMT
I am looking for information on the following and your details seem awfully close..... can we connect ????

I
JOHN HASSARD - b. abt. 1820........... had at least one son

II
ALEXANDER HASSARD b abt 1840 married Emily PERRY dec 23, 1867.......... had childrenbelow

III
THERESA HASSARD, spinster
ROBERT HENRY HASSARD - R.C.M.P. Canada
ALEXANDER HASARD Children: Joseph, John, Wm., Mary, Herbert
JAMES HASSARD Children, James & Elsie
JOHNSTON HASSARD Children, Alexander, Minnie, Evelyn
WILLIAM JOHN HASSARD b. about 1869 d. 1925 Cleenish Cemetery - he could have been living in Bawnboy, Cavan at the time of his death .... married ELIZABETH JOHNSTON b.abt. 1883 d. 1929 Cleenish Cemetery ..... had children

IV
John "Jack" Andrew HASSARD b. abt 1907, worked at the Lucy Farm near Enniskillen where he died in an accident

William Hassard/HAZZARD b. abt 1906 lived in Dublin until his death

Alexander HASSARD b. Aug. 24, 1905 married in Toronto, Ontario where he died ....MY FATHER

Places mentioned by the family where,
Bellanaleck, Cavan, Bawn Boy, Enniskillen, Five Points or Five Corners, and DRUMRAINEY.

Brenda HASSARD, St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada

Posted: 5 Jul 2009 3:57PM GMT
Surnames: HASSARD - PERRY - JOHNSON
Hi and thanks for your help. I am positive that William John and Alexander are my family. I did not know about Kate, Mary and Emily ... they obviously predeaced another sister Theresa. Theresa has the same birth date as Maria and I'm not sure if she is a twin or if she was named Maria Theresa. I did find out that Alexander Hassard who was married to Emily Perry was often called Sandy and Emily Perry's last name was sometimes transcribed or read differently -i.e, Berry
Any other info you can give me would be helpful.

William John is buried in Bellanaleck - Cleenish Cemetery as one of the family members of Drumrainey, (Drumrainey I found on a map) but I can not find DRUMCONDRA on the map - can you help with that? I have also been to William and Elizabeth's (my grandparents) home in Bawnboy, Co. Cavan in 1968 and 1991 as that is where my Dad was brought up. It is the gate house to the former Johnson/Johnston Estate there.

This also poses another question .... are obituaries from local newspapers available?

THANKS AGAIN
BRENDA

Posted: 30 Nov 2009 3:21AM GMT
Hi Brenda:

In my family tree I have a Jack Hassard who was married to Jean Bleakley from Enniskillen. At this time I have no other information on them.

Posted: 30 Nov 2009 3:16PM GMT
Hi
My Uncle John Andrew Hassard, "Jack" was never married. He died there in an tractor accident. His parents were John Hassard and Elizabeth Johnston and are buried in Bellanaleck, Enniskillen. His grandparents were Alexander and Emily Perry, all from Enniskillen. BUT I can't get any further back. Keep me in mind if you find any Hassard information.

Posted: 16 Jan 2011 7:00PM GMT
Hello

My name is Tracey Hassard and I have been trying to track down my families roots for years. There are not too many left I am fairly certain of that. MY great Grandfather was John Alexander Hassard and he lived and worked on a farm in Lloydminster Alberta, Married Josephine Rita Fairless and had one son my grandfather Robert Harry Hassard. I do know the John Alexander's (JACK) fathers name was Dr. Thomas Harry Hassard and he was a veteranarian in Markham ON. Thomas had 2 children that I know of Jack and Molly. Anything you could help with would be amazing. I am due to have my first baby in August and would love to have some family history for him/her.

Thanks for your help in advance

Tracey

Posted: 11 Aug 2011 2:57AM GMT
Hi Tracey
If you haven't had your baby then you must be about ready to deliver soon.
I don't think I can help you but if you found out anything more I'd be interested in knowing. My line is as follows.

Alexander Hassard of Fermanagh/or Cavan married Emily Perry (He was the son of John Hassard)and had William John, Alexander, Maria Theresa, Kate, Emily, Sarah Jane, Johnston, Robert Henry and James Joseph Hassard.

William John Hassardmarried Elizabeth Johnston and had William, Alexander and John Andrew Hassard.

I would love to know more about John Hassard father of Alexander...

There is a John Hassard age 60 (b. 1841-42) with a son Jason in the 1901 Census which maybe the right person.

There is also another John Hassard b. 1821 marrying a Margaret(nee Taylor)Martin in 1848 which might fit as the father of John.

If you can connect I'd appreciate knowing or if I can help you I'd be glad to.

Brenda Hassard Edmonds

Posted: 12 Sep 2011 8:33PM GMT
Surnames: Porteous, Porteus, Hassard
Hi there.
The parents of my Sarah Porteous b.1867 Enniskillen, were John Porteus and Jane Hassard, m. 24 Apr 1860 at Cleenish, Fermanagh. They had other children - Elizabeth Ellen Porteus b.27 Jan 1865 Enniskillen, Robert Porteus b.3 Jul 1870 and another daughter, name unknown, b.10 Oct 1872. Marriage register lists John Porteus as John Portice, his father is William. Jane Hassard's father is John Hassard.

Posted: 26 Jul 2012 8:47AM GMT
Hi familytree67, good morning. Stumbled across this purely by accident but was intrigued when I saw the names Jack Hassard & Jean Bleakley. Jack was my uncle, my fathers brother. Six brothers, Eddie, Jimmy, George, Jack, Willie and Mervyn.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic