Search for content in message boards

Meagher-Sweeney, Roscrea

Meagher-Sweeney, Roscrea

Posted: 3 Aug 2006 10:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Aug 2006 11:02PM GMT
Hoping for any help. My gggrandfather, William Meagher b.abt 1800 married Ellen(Eleanor) Sweeney b.abt 1811. Oldest son James S. b.abt 1827 and Thomas b.abt 1828. Emigrated to Canada abt 1830 settlling in Lonsdale, Hastings County, Ontario. May have left with other family members, or others may have followed being as there were quite a few Meaghers in the area in the preceding years. A Father Michael Mackey born in Templemore abt. 1813 was suposedly related to Meaghers, Sweeneys, etc. Everything that I have found out so far points to them being from Roscrea.

Re: Meagher-Sweeney, Roscrea

Posted: 6 Jan 2013 6:44PM GMT
Hi

Just found out that my GGrandmother was Margaret Sweeney, she was married to Patrick Grady (O) they lived and raised their family in a small town outside Roscrea. I have found that there is a family connection to the names Maher Meagher after finding graves etc connecting the names together . Was wondering after all this time after posting if you found any other information . Thankyou

Carol

Re: Meagher-Sweeney, Roscrea

Posted: 21 Mar 2014 7:22PM GMT
Hi
The Margaret sweeney who is your ggrandmother was 1st cousin of my ggrandfather. I have lots of information on sweeney. However, they are nearly all gone from that location.
Regards
Liz
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions