Search for content in message boards

Turner/Tennison Family

Turner/Tennison Family

Andrea Turner (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 2005 5:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Turner/Tennison
My husband is a Turner from this line. The information I have been able to collect so far is:

My husband: Gregory Leon Turner (b. 4/7/1971) Anniston, Calhoun County, Alabama. Gregory Leon Turner married Andrea Sue Lewis in Oxford, Calhoun County on 8/7/1993. Greg has two sons 1. Wyatt Leon Turner (b. 7/24/1997) and Seth Walker Turner (b. 4/3/2001).

Greg's Father: Leon Turner (b. 12/1/1929) Dearmanville, Calhoun County, Alabama. (d. 2/10/2000) Oxford, Calhoun County, Alabama. Leon Turner married Sarah Frances Hare in Tupelo, Mississippi on 12/26/1952, they ran away an got married. (**Note: Leon was born Edward Leon Turner after an Uncle who he hated so when he joined the Army for the Korean War he legally changed his name to Leon Turner)

Leon's Father: Robert Lee Turner (6/16/1906) Chocolocca, Calhoun County, Alabama (d. 1/19/2000) Dearmanville, Calhoun County, Alabama. Robert Lee Turner married Esther Taylor (can't remember her information off the top of my head).

Robert's Parents: Newberry Turner and Haynie Henson. I don't know where they are buried but would love to find there graves.

Also, I am thinking that Newberry Turner's parents were Littleberry Turner and Lydia Ludka Tennison. Am I right?

Please let me know if you can help me with this search.

Also, after my first son was born I took a picture of Wyatt Leon Turner, Gregory Leon Turner, Leon Turner and Robert Lee Turner all together. Four Generations of Turner men and I wouldln't give anything for it. When Robert Lee Turner died he was 94 years old.

I also have all the other siblings and branches from Robert Lee down. I just need to branch upward.

Re: Turner/Tennison Family

Posted: 5 Jun 2005 6:25AM GMT
hi,lookin for turners in calhoun alabama.grandfather was george w turner married ruby? george was born in 1872,had 4 sons william, lester born oct 10 1998, john w[worth] &charrile clifford.three daughters myrtle, pearl, jesse t. found them in 1890-1900-1910-1920-.censes. dontb know anything about.georges parents,are ruby.thanks.... lost&lookin.......

Posted: 7 Jun 2005 5:34AM GMT
im lookin for turners in 1890-1920,who was born in alabama ,calhoun,great grandfather was george w turner.you my e mail me i would like to here from you i cant seem to find to much about george kids after there mother died who was ruby. my grandfather was lester turner, george&ruby.son have other turner names. thanks for any thing...........

Posted: 27 Jun 2005 11:26PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jul 2005 9:09PM GMT
Surnames: Cochran, Thrower, Morgan, Gay
Newberry and Littleberry were twins. Littleberry is buried in Bethlehem Primitive Baptist Church in Cleburne Co., AL. I don't have anything on Newberry. I have some information about his parents. Newberry would be my gr.gr.great-grandmother's brother.
Larry

Andrea Turner (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jul 2005 8:08PM GMT
Surnames: Turner, Tennison
Please email me with any information that you might have. My husband's grandfather was Robert Lee Turner son of Newberry Turner. He always told us that his father's name was Dewberry Turner. If you have any information on this and siblings please let me know. I am very excited to hear what you have to share. My husband's grandfather Robert Lee Turner was born 1905 and died in 2000. One reason this has been so hard for me is that my husband's father Leon Turner son of Robert Turner was 42 years old when my husband was born. So therefore his father and grandfather were very old and the time line is stretched somewhat. Please email me I am looking forward to hearing from you.
Andrea

Posted: 9 Dec 2005 4:31PM GMT
I have a family member, James Arnon Bonner who married Lonnie Turner. Lonnie Turner's funeral arrangements state that her father's name is Newberry Turner and her mother is Hanie Louise Henson. Lonnie Turner Bonner is buried in New Bethel Cemetery. I think that cemetery is in Calhoun County AL. It may be that other Turner family members are also buried there, as her husband James Arnon Bonner is buried in New Harmony Cemetery in Heflin, Cleburne, AL

Posted: 12 Jan 2009 5:36AM GMT
Hi, I'm looking for the parents of George Turner. His parents were Thomas David Turner (died 1877) and Mary C. Turner. George's father died when he was just a young boy. George had an older sister named Nancy Matilda who married her first cousin James Matthew, son of Littleberry and Lydia Laduska Tennison Turner. Thomas David and Mary C. Turner and Littleberry and Lydia Turner are my great great grandparents. I need to know who Mary C. Turner was before she married. Do you know?
I have a good bit of information on the Turner's.
Please e-mail me.

Ruby

Posted: 3 Feb 2009 6:29PM GMT
Surnames: Turner
I don't have any supportive evidence on your George and father Thomas David Turner, but we must be distant cousins, as my great-grandfather Andrew Jackson Turner (born abt 1829) was older brother of twins Littleberry and Newberry. I believe the youngest of that John Turner/Sarah Hanks clan was David, as one is listed next to Sarah, living with daughter Matilda Turner Thrower in 1860 Randolph census. That David's wife is listed as Mary. My ggfather moved west into Winston and Cullman Co. in 1870 - 1900, but I don't know where he and wife Matilda Hopper are buried. I know some of Andrew's descendants are buried around Cullman/Good Hope. Andrew's oldest son was George F. (1852); buried at Good Hope.

Posted: 24 Mar 2009 8:10PM GMT
My name is James Turner, I can help you with your inquiry. My Grandfather was Roy Turner, Bob's brother. Newberry and Haynie were parents of Frank, Roy, Claude, Charlie, Robert, Richard, and Lonnie (Bonner, Lida, May Lee, .
Newberry's parents were James Turner and Nancy Williams. James was the brother of triplets Newberry, Littleberry, and Simon Berry; James Matilda, Jaine, William, John F., Andrew J., David, and Nancy.
James parents were John M Turner and Sarah Elizabeth Hanks.
John's parents were Zachariah Turner and Mary Casey.

I hope this information is useful; most of it was provided by Kathy Dell (Maryland), Darrell Turner (Heflin, AL), and Cindy Phillips (Cleburne County, AL).

You may contact me by phone 256-665-4254 or email if any of the information needs explanation.

Posted: 20 Jun 2013 4:25PM GMT
I came across your post and though I know it is several years old, I was wondering if you got Mary C. Maiden name?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic