Search for content in message boards

Frances Ellen Underwood

Frances Ellen Underwood

Dee (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 2004 8:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Underwood
I'm trying to find the names of the parents of Frances Ellen Underwood. She was born August 27, 1844 in York County, Maine. She was orphaned at an early age and at age 14 went to work in the cotton mills in Lowell, Massachusetts.

Any information on Frances or her family in Maine would be greatly appreciated.

Dee

Re: Frances Ellen Underwood

Posted: 12 Apr 2013 4:43PM GMT
Hi Dee.
I too have been looking for information on her. I have a picture of her, fairly young that I'll be posting soon. My Aunt Marion Donley (Sharkey) now deceased, thought she was raised by family after her parents were killed--it is not known how there will killed. Did you ever find out anything else? There is tons of stuff on the Hamilton family, but nothing about Frances at my end. You knew more that we did--that at Age 14 she worked at a cotton mill in Lowell. How did you know that? Thanks for the help. PS: The internet shows lots of "Underwood" families in that area of Massachusetts--now to find a connection...

Posted: 13 Apr 2013 7:06AM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Surnames: underwood, jones
did she marry?

Name: Frances E Underwood
Birth Date: abt 1841
Event Type: Marriage
Event City: Southborough
Marriage Date: 21 Apr 1856
Marriage Age: 15
Father Name: John B Underwood
Mother Name: Levina Underwood
Spouse Name: Simeon F Jones
Spouse Marriage Age: 22
Spouse Father Name: William Jones
Spouse Mother Name: Lynthia Jones

Posted: 15 Apr 2013 5:23PM GMT
Thanks for the lead. This lead ended up to a Francena Underwood born on 7 March 1842 in Hopkinton, Massachusetts. My Frances Ellen Underwood was born on 27 August 1844 in Seco, Maine. She died on 25 October 1920. The lead was so so close, but not quite. I'm new to all this and learning so much. Thanks again for lead. It may still be helpful, but I haven't found any links yet. It looks like you are in Spain. I have to search there soon for my husband's line!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions