Search for content in message boards

John B and Ellender Gillum

John B and Ellender Gillum

Posted: 26 May 2011 4:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gillum
John B Gillum and Ellender Welch Gillum are the parents of my great grandfather Charles Martin Gillum. All I can find about John B. Gillum is that he was born around 1817-1820 in Virginia. Does anyone have any information on this line of Gillums? John's son, Charles Martin, was also born in Virginia and the family was then in Kentucky by 1860. I would appreciate any assistance.

Re: John B and Ellender Gillum

Posted: 10 Jun 2011 5:07PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jun 2011 5:10PM GMT
Surnames: Gillum - Roberts
Response to 25 May 2011 query

Charles Martin Gillum and his wife Isabelle (Cope) Gillum are my Great Grandparents. Their oldest daughter Lilly Belle (nee Gillum) Roberts ( m.James Monroe Roberts)is my Grandmother. Their youngest daughter Clara (b 1918 - d 2003)was my Mother.

Posted: 10 Jun 2011 6:46PM GMT
Do either of you show your Gillum line being in Arkansas~Missouri~Oklahoma or Illinois? The earliest of my line is in Berryville, Carroll co., Arkansas, then they show up in Illinois and most ended up buried in Rose or Oilton Oklahoma. Thanks~am willing to exchange information with you.

Linda

Posted: 10 Jun 2011 6:55PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jun 2011 6:56PM GMT
My Gillums are Kentucky based with possible ties to Virginia. As far as I know, they never ended up in the three states you mentioned.

Posted: 11 Jun 2011 3:47AM GMT
Did your mother ever talk about or did she know about Charles Martin's parents? My grandfather was John Logan Gillum, your grandmother's brother, he was killed in Breathitt in 1933. My father was William Jackson Gillum, born 1923 and died 1980, I don't know if he knew anything about his great grandparents.

Posted: 11 Jun 2011 3:54AM GMT
My Gillums are in Kentucky--with the exception of my great, great grandfather and great grandfather who were born in Virginia. I can't find any record of my John B. Gillum in Virginia, if anyone has suggestions...?

Mary

Posted: 11 Jun 2011 8:20PM GMT
In my genealogy work, I continue to struggle with finding information on John B. and Ellender Gillum. I also continue to seach for a death certificate of my great grandfather Charles Martin Gillum. If I should find success in the future, I will share the information. It is frustrating, but I keep the faith.

Posted: 11 Jun 2011 8:27PM GMT
My Mom and I never discussed these subjects, and by the time I realized how important any information might be, her dementia had progressed and she could remember very little. She did talk about the death of your Grandfather in Jackson and the effect it had on my Grandmother and Grandfather. Mom was 15 years old when the disaster took place.

Posted: 11 Jun 2011 9:11PM GMT
I have a site address to give you where you can find quite a bit on Charles Martin Gillum. It shows his wife, her parents and at least some of the children.
Email me privately at 1llamb@earthlink.net if you are interested

Posted: 12 Jun 2011 3:15AM GMT
Anyone interested in this line, please request Descendency chart 185 free of charge as an attachment from maold@sunkatchers.com. Thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions