Search for content in message boards

John Hodge

John Hodge

Posted: 12 Jun 2000 2:57PM GMT
Edited: 29 Mar 2002 11:38AM GMT
Does anyone have a John Hodge and Milly Hodge
in there family tree? John Hodge owned a large plantation in Jasper Co. MS. This would be around 1860. I am trying to find out if they are the parents of my Great Grandmother Margaret Hodge Born 1857/9.
Margaret had 9 children and lived most of her life in Wayne Co. MS. If any of this looks familiar-Please E-mail me. Thanks
Linda Hodge

Milly Hodge

Posted: 23 Jun 2000 6:39PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 2:23AM GMT
My grgrgr grandmother was Milly Hodge Garrett,
b. in SC. She was in the 1850 Pulaski County,
GA census with 4 sons,Peter, Tom, Billy,John
Hodge and a stepson, Samuel Garrett. I do
not know the name of the father of the 4 sons,
but the name of John has carried all the way
down to my grandfather and my uncle, Ira John
Hodge. This entire family relocated and is
in the 1860 Alachua County, FL census.
Any possible connections?

Re: Milly Hodge

Posted: 27 Sep 2012 3:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hodge Garrett
I'm grasping at straws but you have so many names in your message that I am looking for. My Milly was born Milly Garrett in SC and she married Lish (probably short for Elisha) Hodge or Hodges. They had a son named Sam. They moved to Georgia. That is all I know about Milly and this info was passed on to us by Milly's brother Jonathan Joshua Garrett who eventually moved to MS. Joshua was born around 1792 in SC so his sister Milly was probably born fairly close to that time. I believe Milly's son John Hodge named a son Elisha. Any chance at all we have the same Milly?
Thanks Pat

Re: Milly Hodge

Posted: 11 Nov 2012 3:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hodge, Weisner,Benefield
My mother Mable Louise Hodge was born in Waldo Florida in 1921. Her father was Arthur Green Hodge from Newberry, Florida (Alachua County). His father was Peter David Jonathan Hodge,born Ga.(1861-or1862). His father was John Hodge. I have traced them to the 1850 census Pulaski County Georgia. I am having trouble also with Lucy Benefield, John's wife who is believed to have been born in N.C. abt. 1825. Does anyone have information on any of these folks and in particular Lucy Benefield?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic