Search for content in message boards

Looking for descendants of Joseph and Queen Wiggins

Looking for descendants of Joseph and Queen Wiggins

Posted: 2 Feb 2009 4:59PM GMT
Classification: Death
Surnames: Wiggins --Sanford ---Daniels
Looking for the descendants of Joseph and Queen (Sanford)
Wiggins of Milledgeville, Ga. they had 14 children. Carrie,
Anna, Joseph, Dudley, Edward, Lizzie, Grantland, Lucius, James ( my Father) Fanny, Julia, Callie, Matthew, Samuel.
I have info on all the children except Joseph, Lucius, Edward.
Joseph Sr. died in 1921. Don't know when Queen died.

Re: Looking for descendants of Joseph and Queen Wiggins

Posted: 3 Feb 2009 1:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wiggins, Dawson, Adolphus
I know little about the Wiggins family after 1900. I do know that they originated in Washington County, GA (Sandersville). They were free. The head of the family was Amy Wiggins. The other members (her children) of the family were: Moses, Hansell, Mary, Dave, and Nancy. Information about them is found in Inferior Court Minutes:1843-1862, Washington County Probate Court. They petitioned to have their guardian dismissed and another one appointed (which was granted). My 3great grandmother, Betsy Dawson Wiggins, married a Richard Wiggins in Washington County in the late 1800's after the death of her first husband. My research has not reached the point where I can provide information about the 1900's. I am publishing a book, African American Slaves of Washington County, Georgia to come out some times this year which has all of this information in it. I am still researching and have uncovered the names of some 11,000+ slaves in Washington County from before the end of the Civil War. Good luck in your search.

Re: Looking for descendants of Joseph and Queen Wiggins

Posted: 5 Feb 2009 12:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
I don,t think these folks are my family. Joseph and Queen were born in Georgia.Joseph was reared in Milledgeville, Ga. His mother Fanny came from Virginia. I will be interested in your book. I belong to African-American Genealogical Society of Cleveland. Some of our members may be researching Washington County.
Thank you so much for your reply.Keep in touch.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic