Search for content in message boards

BOOK: The State of BUNCOMBE by Mitzi Schaden Tessier

BOOK: The State of BUNCOMBE by Mitzi Schaden Tessier

Kathlyn Goedeker Wieland (View posts)
Posted: 18 Oct 2006 8:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
I bought this book that was published in 1992 to celebrate the Bicentennial Anniversary of BUNCOMBE County, North Caroline. This book is chock full of history and wonderful photographs that trace life in Buncombe County from 1792-1992. The pictures include family photos, churches, bridges, sanitariums, cemetery stones, train crews, schools, class pictures, industrial development, dairy operations, houses, and more. There is also an excellent bibliography and index full of family surnames.

I would like to connect this book with someone who has family in Buncombe County. This is just an amazing resource.

Please contact me if you have an interest in this book.

Re: BOOK: The State of BUNCOMBE by Mitzi Schaden Tessier

Posted: 19 Oct 2006 4:40AM GMT
Surnames: Lanning, Caldwell, Williams, Stewart, Osborn, Finney
I am interested in the book on Buncombe County. My ancestors who lived in Buncombe County include: Lanning, Caldwell, Williams, Stewart, Osborn, Finney and others. Contact me at flowers@dalton.net if you still have the book and let me know the price.
Wilma Lanning Flowers

schristopher (View posts)
Posted: 28 Oct 2006 2:16PM GMT
Hi! I'm also interested in the book. My family surname is Jones. My ancestors lived in Buncombe County before moving to Tennessee. Please reply if the book is still available. Thanks.

Posted: 6 Sep 2012 12:32AM GMT
I am also interested too !

Posted: 8 Oct 2012 2:04PM GMT
If you still have your book-do you do look ups? I am interested in Pitillo/Pettillo family. Any name, any spelling of this name. I am interested in Hartwell Pettillo. Thank you.

Posted: 8 Oct 2012 6:02PM GMT
I have the book. There is no listing for Hartwell Pettillo however there is a listing for a Rollie Pitillo, she was a student at Fairview aacademy in 1888. There is also a Riley Pitillo pictured in a reunion picture of the company F 14th NC in 1890.
No other listings for Pitello or Pettillo.

Posted: 8 Oct 2012 7:50PM GMT
Thank you for looking for me-

Posted: 9 Oct 2012 4:58PM GMT
I would love to have this book. Almost all my ancestors were in Buncombe County in the early 1800's. Do you know if it is still in print and where I can get one? Please reply to jonjanmcd@embarqmail.com. Thanks

Posted: 9 Oct 2012 6:37PM GMT
Surnames: Brank,Branks,Presley,Cairnes and Lyday
Intrested in knowing if this book has info on Brank,Branks,lYDAY ,Cairnes or William H.Presley families.

Posted: 9 Oct 2012 9:31PM GMT
R.G. and Lucinda Brank donated land to build the Pleasant Grove Church near Weaverville NC in 1880.
Nothing on the other names.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions