Search for content in message boards

Cole Family

Cole Family

gail (View posts)
Posted: 25 Oct 2001 3:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for ancestory of Valma Elizabeth Cole. She was born 5-12-13 in Logan, Oklahoma. Not sure of nationality of Cole family and trying to find my roots on all sides.

Re: Cole Family

BLAIR L JURY (View posts)
Posted: 26 Oct 2001 12:43AM GMT
i beleive most of the coles were of irish desent. most of my mothers family were from irland. you might start there

Lois Rash (View posts)
Posted: 30 Oct 2001 4:50AM GMT
Surnames: Cole
My maiden name is Cole and my father's side is German. If I can be of any help here is my email address ljrmarbar2@aol.com.

BLAIR L JURY (View posts)
Posted: 31 Oct 2001 1:50AM GMT
I BELEIVE MOST OF THE COLE FAMILY CAME FROM IRELAND. IN FACT THERE WERE SOME FAMILY NAME THAT WERE SURNAMED IRELAND. I CAN AT THIS POINT ONLY GO BACK AS FAR AS MY GRANFATHER WHO WAS BYRON COLE FROM LECOUNTS MILLS, CLEARFIELD CO., PA HOPE THIS HELPS AND I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN ANY INFO YOU MIGHT COME UP WITH. MY MOTHER IS DOLLY ( COLE ) JURY. STAY IN TOUCH, BUTCH

gail (View posts)
Posted: 31 Oct 2001 4:07PM GMT
thank you for your reply so far i have received news it could be a german name or irish, but i tend to believe the irish. I'm not really sure what my grandmother's dad's name was, but they settled in oklahoma some time in late 1800's or early 1900's. thanks again. gail

Posted: 23 Nov 2001 2:05AM GMT
Edited: 1 Sep 2005 6:16PM GMT
Surnames: Cole
My branch of the Cole family were from Northern Ireland. Some think they are irish but they were very English.
I'll send you some information. Most of us Cole's originate from a Saxon baron Cole 1040 AD. Devonshire area.

John Cole

Posted: 10 Jan 2002 1:45AM GMT
Edited: 12 Feb 2002 10:20PM GMT
Did any of your Coles come down through Va into WVa or NC and end up in East Tennessee, namely Anderson, Roan, or Knox Co. TN? I am trying to find info on my great grandfather, William Cole who married Vesta Clay England in 1865 in East Tennessee.

Posted: 10 Jan 2002 3:00AM GMT
My branch came to Massachsetts in 1630 and in late 1700's migrated to Virginia, and then to Bumscombe County, NC. around the Asheville area and then to Gilmer County Georgia about 1835-45. Some may have gone to TN from Asheville.

John Cole

Posted: 11 Jan 2002 3:17PM GMT
Surnames: Cole, Fletcher, Barnett, Marshall, Risner, Poe
I'm looking for info on a John Cole b. abt 1760 in Buncombe Co., NC. He was married to a Cuzzie Anderson. Do you have any info on this family?

Posted: 12 Jan 2002 3:16AM GMT
This one is not in my line. Sorry. mine were in VA at the time.

John Cole

jayseecole@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic