Search for content in message boards

Connection? George GREER b. 1810 in Glascow, Lanark

Connection? George GREER b. 1810 in Glascow, Lanark

Jacqui Carpenter (View posts)
Posted: 29 May 2002 4:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Greer, Ellison
I am searching for information on my ggg grandfather George Greer b. 1810 in Glascow, Lanark, Scotland. His wife's name was Maria Ellison b. 1818 in Tennessee. Any connection or information would be greatly appreciated

Re: George GREER b. 1810 in Glascow, Lanark

Posted: 9 Oct 2007 9:24PM GMT
I am researching a George Greer born in Ireland abt 1801. According to the 1841 Census he was married to Sarah and living in Bothwell, Holytown Lanarkshire. He had the following children:
Thomas abt 1822
George abt 1825
Martha abt 1827
David abt 1831
James abt 1834
Andrew abt 1836
William abt 1839
Not sure if there is any connection?

Posted: 20 Aug 2012 10:10PM GMT
Iam researching your George Greer. I think I have found his sister in glasgow. There is a posability that I may be connected through my line of the Kerr family. I do have information on the sisters line back into to ireland. The possible sisters daughter and your family are LINKED together at a shared residence but this may only be a chance connection. Look forward to your response

Posted: 25 Aug 2012 10:35AM GMT
Surnames: Greer
I would be interested in whatever you have on the Greers. Look forward to hearing from you.

Posted: 7 Sep 2012 9:55AM GMT
1861 census for central Glasgow shows at 198 stirling road William S Greer 22yrs Govt. Asst Teacher and George Greer his nephew 11yrs Scholar. Their servant was Margaret Kerr unmarried Housekeeper born in Ireland.Margaret was the daughter of Andrew Kerr labourer and Jean Greer. Jane/Jean Kerr died at 3 Kerr Street Calton Glasgow on the 22nd October 1856 aged 80 years. She was the daughter of David Greer a farmer and Rosann Hunter. My connection is with an Andrew Kerr Gardener of Calton Glasgow who married Jane Grier/Greer. The only obvious difference of Andrew is the occupation. One is a gardener the other a labourer. It seems that the two Andrews Kerrs are different but may also be one of the same.It seems too much of a coincidence that the servant Margaret Kerr was a Greer. Will be interested to hear your comments

Posted: 23 Sep 2012 11:39AM GMT
william s greer was the son of george and sarah greer. george was the son of john and margaret greer. John being the son of george and sarah greer. I hope this clarifies my recent posting. It still appears to be the same family we are researching. Please let me know your opinion.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic