Search for content in message boards

Searching for...

Searching for...

Mary Kieronski (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: KIERONSKI, OBUDSKA
I am looking for any information at all on Josef Kieronski who lived in Gromnik,Tarnow circa. 1920. Also interested in any data on the Obudska/Obudski surname. Thank you.

Re: Josef Kieronski

Raye Croghan (View posts)
Posted: 22 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Feb 2006 5:44PM GMT
Surnames: Kieronski
Josef Kieronski is the name of our great grwndfather from around Gromnik, nearer to Tarnow and Paderewski's manor. His eldest son was Leon. Other family members remaining in Poland during WW1 and 2 were Ignacy, Maria and Zophia. Another son or brother named Frank that lived in the US after WW1 as well.

Re: Kieronski

Ivan Strenski (View posts)
Posted: 11 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Feb 2006 5:44PM GMT
Surnames: kieronski
My maternal grandfather, Wojciech Kieronski (1876-1955), hailed from the Miechow area, possibly the village of Szczepanowicz, where until recently his cousins Roman and Stefan lived. My cousin, Robert K, and I are seeking any relatives there might be. Wojciech had 2 brothers--Jan and Lucasz, and a sister, Janina (?).

question

Posted: 12 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Feb 2006 5:46PM GMT
Dear Raye Croghan,

Aside from the Kieronski connections, do you recommend visiting Tarnow?

follow up

Edited: 15 Feb 2006 5:45PM GMT
Hi-

I have forwarded your message to the Kieonski's here in the US that are in contact with some of the Kieronski's in the Tarnow region. You may hear from one of the family members soon, they are very helpful and interested in pursuit of Kieonski ties.

Our Kieronski's lived in the village of Gromnik, near Tarnow. We have found relatives that survived WW2, but have lost contact since Leon passed away in 1968. We too wish to find family, and who knows, maybe there is a connection somewhere!

I am going out of town for the next three days, so will look forward to getting in touch after Wednesday.

Raye

query re Wojciech

Dear Raye Croghan,

Thanks so much. I am forwarding your reply to my cousin, Bob K. Do you know anything more about the Tarnow Kieronski's--such as their ancestors and region of origin?

Ivan Strenski

Re: Kieronski

Edited: 15 Feb 2006 5:45PM GMT
Surnames: kieronski
Our paternal great grandfather Josef Keironski lived outside of Tarnow with his wife Anna until just prior to WW1. We believe he originated from the Gdansk area where his son Leon, our grandfather was born in 1868.
From what I have learned, there's several Kieonski's residing in the Tarnow area, and number over 700. I have run into a grant Kieronski family here in the US, and forwarded your post on to them. They are in direct contact with their Kieonski relatives in Poland.
Look forward to hearing from you!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions