Search for content in message boards

Davis family

Davis family

Linda Kaye Hickey (View posts)
Posted: 25 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: DAVIS, MCKINNEY, VAUGHN
I am looking for information on the P.A. Davis family. We were always told the P.A. (was Prince Albert Davis), but I am wondering if it could possibly be Pinkney Albert Davis. He was married to Mary Ann Vaughn and his mother was Lucinda J. McKinney. I am looking for his father and any other relatives. We know that some of his children are buried at Pleasant Ridge in Okbitteha county. He and Mary Ann are also buried there even though there is no maker.
Thank you, Kaye

Don't think so

Posted: 2 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 6:24PM GMT
Surnames: DAVIS, HICKMAN
First glance, I don't think Prince Albert is related to Thomas Davis. Thomas was one of the early settlers of the Southwestern corner of Oktibbeha..had 80 slaves in 1860, the most for that area, most of the slaves being tied into my family line either by marriage or birth. Thomas had a brother Robert and they both came from Abbeville, SC via Alabama. I am in touch w/one of Thomas' descendants..you might have seen her posts about Thomas. I'll ask her and see what she says. I don't have a copy of the 1860 census, so don't know if Prince Albert was there in 1860 and if he lived closed to Thomas and Robert. I do know that he was quite a few pages away from the Davis slave descendants who lived on former plantation land in 1870..but you never know what route the census takers took..so I guess anything's possible right?

Davis

Linda Kaye Hickey (View posts)
Surnames: Davis, McKinney
Thank you for the information. I have not checked many of the census records for Oktibbeha Co. yet, but intend to do so soon. Do you happen to know if the Thomas Davis plantation was close the the area that P.A. and his family were located on the census. He may be related in some way. Thanks again. Kaye Hickey

Prince Albert in the 1880 census

Edited: 26 Jun 2001 6:24PM GMT
Surnames: DAVIS, HICKMAN
I happened to be doing research on my own Davis family that descended from the slaves of the Thomas Davis Plantation in Okt, when I found your Prince A. Davis on p.419b of the Oktibbeha 1880 census, Whitefield PO..don't know if you saw this already, if so, sorry! Here's the entry

Davis, Prince A w m 29 head farmer MS SC MS

Mary A w f 23 wife keeping house MS SC SC

Lydia w f 2 daugh MS MS MS

James w m 9/12 son born in Jan MS MS MS
Vaughn, Sofia w f 53 boarder SC SC SC

Good luck to you! Please visit my Sturgis website if you get the chance! More to come after my trip there this month!

thomas davis

Kaye Hickey (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: davis
I appreciate your response. I know that it was longshot but I don't know much about Oktibbeha history. We really just got started on this side of the Davis tree. Thank again. Kaye

Re: Davis family and McKinney family

Kaye (View posts)
Posted: 27 Oct 2004 2:19PM GMT
Surnames: Davis, McKinney
Further information on the Prince Albert Davis family that I have uncovered:

Lucinda J. McKinney is the daughter of John McKinney of Oktibbeha Co. Would like to know if anyone has any info on him, his wife and any other siblings of Lucinda.

Re: Prince Albert in the 1880 census

Posted: 19 Nov 2005 5:49PM GMT
The Sophia Vaughan with the Davis family in 1880 was the d/o George and Jemina Cook Vaughan. Obviously Mary A. Vaughan Davis was her neice. I would love to find by which brother. Or could she possibly have been Sophia's illegitimate daughter?

Any info on the Vaughan's in Oktbbeha Co. would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Susan Brock-Booker

Re: Prince Albert in the 1880 census

Posted: 24 Mar 2007 10:40PM GMT
My mother told me that Mary Ann said that she was an orphan and had been raised by the Vaughn family. It is possible that her father was Sophie's brother. Mary Ann remembered the Union soldiers coming and that her mother had put the valuables in the well. Thank you for the info. Kaye

Re: Davis family

Posted: 29 Sep 2012 8:52PM GMT
Lucinda Mckinney was married to Charles Mckinney. They were my Great Great Grandparents.

Re: Davis family

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 5:04PM GMT
Surnames: Thomas, Davis, Hill, Curlee, Deese
Does anyone know who James Robert Davis and Laura "Smitte" Holbrook Davis are ? They have a son named William Davis ? And William Davis and his wife Genie M Davis her name maiden named is Temple if you know any different please let me know? They live with Negros and someone made a family Tree said this couple is black. But I know it's not.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions