Search for content in message boards

Joseph or Dora Bell Elkins

BALL/BLAIR/ELKINS

John Blair (View posts)
Posted: 17 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BALL, BLAIR, ELKINS
I have Dora Bell Elkins married to Alfred Augustus Ball "Gus"(son of James Harvey & Mary Jane Blair Ball).

BLAIR/BALL

John Blair (View posts)
Surnames: BLAIR, BALL
Greetings! There are over 70 of us online researching the BLAIR's (JACOB BLAIR PROJECT) and we have a mailing list as well as 2 private websites with many old old pictures of Dickenson & Pike Co. kin. I have 2 James Harvey Ball's...but don't have either of them married to an Elkins? James Harvey Ball b. 1835 is the son of Sarah Blair & Andrew Ball....He married Mary Jane Blair (1st cousin)...I think the other James Harvey Ball I have is his nephew, will have to look, but have him married to a Maude Counts. John Blair jblair@kalama.com

Joseph or Dora Bell Elkins

Tim Owens (View posts)
Surnames: Elkins, Ball, Blair, Counts, Owens
I am looking for some Dickenson County ancestors of my mothers. Mainly Joseph Elkins. He had a daughter Dora Bell, who married James Harvey Ball. I'm not sure if Joseph was originally from Dickenson County, but that is where he lived. Some say Dora was Cheokee and from an old photo she looked to be so.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Joseph / Dora Bell Elkins Posting

Tim Owens (View posts)
Posted: 18 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Elkins, Blair, Ball, Owens, Counts
This is a correction to an earlier message I posted. Dora Bell Elkins was married to Alfred Agustus Ball, a son of James Harvey Ball I. AND father to James Harvey Ball II.
Sorry for the mistake.

Dora Bell Elkins Correction

Tim Owens (View posts)
Posted: 18 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Ball, Blair, Elkins, Counts, Owens
You are correct. That was my mistake. I am looking for information on her father or mother's family.

Dora Bell Elkins/ Alfred A. Ball

Nell Stanley (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Caudill, Howard, Mead, Meade, Pickelsimer, Stanley
A.A. Ball, 21, single, b in Buchanan Co., Va., s/o J.H. & M.J. Ball, married Dora Elkins, 16, single, b in Wise Co., Va., d/o Joseph and Margaret Elizabeth Elkins, on 2/17/1896 in Dickenson Co., Va.
Joseph Elkins is listed in the 1880 Wise Co., Va. census as follows:
Elkins, Joseph, w, m, 52, b in NC, both parents b in NC.
" Margaret E., f, 25, wife, b in Va., both parents b in Va.
" Dora, f 5m (born in December 1879), daughter, b in Va.

All three are listed as being "white".

Re: Dora Bell Elkins/ Alfred A. Ball

Posted: 16 Jul 2004 1:11AM GMT
Surnames: elkins, caudill
i was just reading the message boards in hopes of finding some info on my husbands family.their from wise co.,va.originally and i am having trouble locating any info on them. i saw that the joseph elkins you have is from wise co.,va. i was just wondering if you could email me and let me know if there is any info on a joseph franklin elkins born march2,1862 and he was married to nancy margaret caudill. i am hoping that you can help me because this is getting really frustrating not being able to find any of his ancestors. thank you very much for your time.

sabrina elkins

Re: Joseph or Dora Bell Elkins

Emma (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 2006 11:19AM GMT
I have Nancy Stilwell dau. of Evan and Martha Bond Stilwell married to a Joseph Elkins.
I would love to find info. on Nancy's sister Mahala born ca. 1847??
Evan and Martha Bond Stilwell
Evan was son of Elias and Susannah Jennings Stilwell
Children for Evan and Martha Bond Stilwell
1. William (Will) married Nancy (Nan) Davis
2. Mahala b. ca, 1847?????????? No info.
3. Margarett (Magg) married William (Bill) Davis
4. Elias married Nancy Newberry
5. Polly b. 1-1-1853???????No. info.
6. Benjamin (Ben) Stilwell born ca. 1848 Info I have say he married 4 times. Jane Lowe, Rindy Jane Stiltner, Hannah Keen, and 4th he married Mary Madgalene. ??? b. ca. 1879(Mary signed her name Mary B. Hill) she said she was a dau. of Nancy O. Hill and a granddaughter of James Monroe Hill and Mary (Polly) Sands Hill.
Nancy married William Lindsey Brown.
Old stories told by Trigger Bill Osborne stated that Mary was a Mosley and that her father was shot from his horse. Mary stated that she was a Mosley.
Which Mosley was her father?????
She stated that her father was shot from his horse.
Was he wounded????Killed???? No other info.
Mary's mother lived in Maiden springs Tazewell Co. Va.
Mary talked of House and Barn Mt.
Said she play in the caves in Thompson Valley.
Grandma Mary and Ben lived at Marvin, Va.
I would love to find who Great Grandfather Mosley was.
I'm not looking for Castles and Kings. but I do love to walk softly through time.
Anyone have a Mahala born ca. 1847? or a Polly born Jan 1, 1853.
Hope this is same family and I would love to have a picture of Dora Bell.
One of Benjamin F.(Ben) Stilwell's daughters was named Lillie Bell.

footsteps through time,
Emma L.

Re: Joseph or Dora Bell Elkins

Posted: 11 May 2010 1:25AM GMT
have picture of dora belle elkins and alfred augustus ball they are my greatgrand parents. ancestry.com under mullins family. alfred and dora dau nancy jane ball mullins my grandmother. bobbie

Re: BLAIR/BALL

Posted: 27 Mar 2011 6:00PM GMT
Alfred Augustus Ball was son of james harvey ball and blair he was married to dora belle elkins my greatgrandmother. they had a son name james harvey ball after his grandfather. hope this helps. im looking for elkins family james joseph and armistead elkins.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions