Search for content in message boards

Christopher Light

Christopher Light

Posted: 13 Jul 2002 8:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Light, Eigener
I have been able to trace my roots from the present back to Christopher Light born 1765, died 1835, Montgomery CO., AL. He was married to Phillipine Engener. Their children were: Henry, Joseph, Jacob, John, Catherine, Christopher, and Daniel. Does anyone have information on their earlier family or when they may have arrived in The States? My father always told me that the family was from Germany originally, and that their name had been changed from either Leight or Licht.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,

Harriet Light

Re: Christopher Light

Posted: 5 Aug 2002 2:30AM GMT
Edited: 9 Aug 2002 11:46PM GMT
Surnames: LIGHT-EIGENER-ROAN-COPELAND-MILLER
Harriet-Hi. Our Light lines seem to match. Or at least I believe they do...Christopher Light b.1765? N.C.? m. Phillipine Eigener b. ? Holland>Daniel Light b.1800-1810? Holland m. Margaret Williams>Daniel A. Light b.1841 N.C. m. Malinda J. Roan>James Wesley Light b.1869 Alabama m. M. Eliz. Barnett[aka Bettie]>Zorah Nevada Light b.1896 Blount Co., Alabama m. C.H. Miller>Living Miller b.1937 Blount Co., Alabama m. Q.L. Copeland> & then there was ME.I am early in my search but have some census,military,family photos & a bit of history on the Alabama LIGHTs. Do you think we are of the same line? Will share what I have with you if you are interested. All the best-Mary

Harriet Light (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 2002 9:19AM GMT

I have Christopher Light1 Born 1765 but don't know where?

died 1835 Montgomery County, Alabama Married Phillipine Eigener. I don't know when or where she was born, or where or when she died. (or at least didn't know before)

There children were:Joseph Light, Jacob Light born between 1790 and 1800.John Light 1792, Catherine Light born 1794,Christopher Light2 born 1797 and Daniel Light born between 1800-1810. It sounds like a match to me. Do you have documentation for her birth in Holland, and for Daniels also? Could the others have been born there also or at least some of them. Do you know the years that they would have lived in Holland?

I would love to shear information with you. If you prefer you may contact me at my email address.

Thanks,

Harriet

Posted: 6 Aug 2002 5:42PM GMT
Surnames: Light
Mary,

If you don't feel comfortable using my email let me know. I have about 1,000 or more people in my genealogy data base all of them are Lights or their branches.

Let me hear from you, and yes, I did have Daniel as born in Holland, but I didn't know that Phillipine was from there also.

Harriet

Posted: 7 Aug 2002 10:38PM GMT
Edited: 9 Aug 2002 11:46PM GMT
Surnames: LIGHT-BARNETT-BODINE-HUDSON-ROAN-MILLER
Harriet: Sorry it took a few days to reply. I have emailed you a bit of the info I possess. Will try to send more asap. Could you PLEASE look at your records & let me know what you might have on James Wesley Light-b.7-12-1869 & d. 11-12-1906, son of Daniel A. & Malinda Roan Light. He died at a young age. His wife suppossedly remarried twice-Mr. "Hudson" & also a Mr. "Bodine"-this is not yet verified info-Also, only source of info I have on children of J.W. Light & Bettie is family hx. from my grandmother Zorah Light[m. C.H. Miller] Do you have anything? All the best-Mary

Posted: 8 Aug 2002 8:37AM GMT

Actually the only information that I have is the information that you sent me.

Sorry

Harriet

Courtney E. Shinaberry (View posts)
Posted: 20 Dec 2002 8:10AM GMT
Surnames: Light-Turley-Barnett-Green-Kelso-Ashworth-Roan
Hello Mary:

This is my family - my mother was a Light, and I descend directly from James Wesley Light - he was my gg-grandfather. I do not have much information on him specifically, but I have his ancestors back a few generations as well as information on the family of his wife, Mary Elizabeth Barnett. My mother remembers her; she went by the name "Bettie." I have a list of James Wesley Light and "Bettie" Barnett Light's children and can verify that Bettie's second husband was in fact a Bodine. Please contact me if you are interested in corresponding. I am trying to find the Dutch immigrant connection with my Light ancestors.

Best wishes,
Courtney E. Shinaberry

Posted: 21 Dec 2002 2:24AM GMT
Courtney,

James Wesley Light was the great grand son of Christopher Light 1 who married Phillipine Eigener. She was born in Holland and their first son Daniel was also born in Holland. His son Daniel A. is the father of James Wesley. I believe that Christopher 1 was also born in Holland, but I have no documentation to prove it.

My Christopher1 was the father of Christopher2 who was the father of Solomon Cornelius, who was the father of My grandfather William Granville the father of my father Granville ALmon.

If you want to write to me at my e-mail address, I'd be happy to send you the genealogy file that I have for them.

Hope this helps.

Harriet ><>

Posted: 4 Feb 2003 3:31AM GMT
Harriet, The first Light I can prove is Robert Light census shows b in TN in 1802 m Madison Co AL ab 1825 to Susanne Jones. Son Pleasant m Martha Jane Lemley Madison Co AL. Son William Irving m Martha Ann Hudgins Madison Co AL. George Washington b Davidson Co TN m Susie Capps Davidson Co TN. Son Paul Douglas b Davidson Co TN m Lassie Williford. Daughter Dorothy Ann b Florence AL m Ralph David Allen and they live in Lebanon TN.
Do you have any of these listed in your records? I would be glad to share any of the records that I have in my file.

Christopher Light - What's Your Proof of Dutch Ancestry?

Posted: 3 Jan 2005 2:14AM GMT
Edited: 3 Jan 2006 3:29PM GMT
Surnames: Light, Meisenheimer, Eigener
In one of Harriet Light's e-mail's, she said that Daniel Light was the oldest of the seven children of Christopher Light and Phillipne Eigener and reported that he was born between 1800 and 1810 in Holland.

In the spirit genealogical inquiry, I question whether this could be true. My wife is descended from John Light, a son of Christopher Light and Phillipine Eigener. John Light was discharged from the war of 1812 on 31 July 1814 and so was likely born before 1800. My sources say he was born abt. 1792. More specifically, there are records at the St. John's Lutheran Church near Concord in Cabarras C., NC that say that Christopher Light Jr., son of Christopher Light and Phillipine Eigener, was baptised on March 18, 1798. Clearly, Christopher Jr. was older than Daniel and clearly he was born in North Carolina. It seems unlikely that this couple would go back to Holland to have a child (Daniel). I have in my notes that this couple was married in about 1790 in NC, but don't have the source at my fingertips.

What is your proof for the Dutch ancestry of Christopher Light and Phillipine Eigener and for the Dutch birthplace of Daniel Light? Someone else claimed that Christopher Light was from Germany. Somewhere I would just like to l
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions