Search for content in message boards

Robert H. Mayberry

Robert H. Mayberry

Posted: 5 Apr 2003 3:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mayberry
Robert H. was b. 12/23/1899 to Jenny Conwell Mayberry and George Alexander Mayberry in Philadelphia, Pa. Was a Philadelphia police officer. Wife, Beatrice. Later lived in Blackwood, N.J. Robert died 10/13/1958, and Beatrice in Aug. 1975. Seeking knowledge of Robert's and Beatrice's children, one of whom may have been Delores, and/or their grandchildren.

Re: Robert H. Mayberry

Posted: 19 Apr 2003 11:29AM GMT
Surnames: Mayberry/Betzer
Hi Robert, Don't know if it would be any help, but I'm from Mayberry's in Decatur Illinois. My Grandfather was Samuel Logan (Buck) Mayberry. Grandmother was Lillian (Walquist/Vest) Mayberry, she was adopted at birth. My father Samuel Josephus Mayberry married my mother Betty Anne Betzer in 1951. Some relatives who spent time around Decatur where; John Mayberry, Frank Mayberry, Paul Betzer, and Don Betzer to name a few. My mother's parents were Delbert (Tuffy) Betzer and Mary Juanita (McCray) Betzer. If anyone has any info for me, I'd love to hear from you.

Posted: 30 Apr 2003 2:39PM GMT
Dear Scott:
Sorry to have delayed so long. Redoing an old house keeps one much occupied. None of the names you listed are familiar to me. Almost all of my lost and misplaced are in the Philly/Trenton area, several around Dayton, Ohio, and then a couple of us in Kentucky. However, I recently discovered that a cousin of mine with whom I lost contact years and years ago lived in Champaign, Ill. He was George Alexander Mayberry, a B-17 tail-gunner during WW II. I believe he died in 1995 or close to it. Should you run across any of his progeny there in Illinois I would appreciate your sending them my way.
Thanks for your reply.
Howard Conwell Mayberry, Jr.

Posted: 9 Aug 2003 3:47PM GMT
Howard,
My Grandfather was George Mayberry from Champaign IL, actually Rantoul, he retired from the air force at Chanute AFB. My Grandfather died in 1993 and I am just starting to work on our family tree. Please write at this e-mail address stacylmurphy@aol.com

I look forward to hearing from you,
Stacy Lynn Mayberry

Howard C. Mayberry, Jr. (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 2003 1:34AM GMT
Your posting received and welcomed. Further communications come via e-mail to your address.
Howard C. Mayberry, Jr.

Posted: 5 Jan 2005 11:25PM GMT
If you haven't already seen it there is a George A Mayberry list in Philadelphia (ED 615) with a wife named Jenny and sons named Alexander, Howard and Robert. I know this is the family because of your comments later about Robert being a tail gunner. You are related to my wife who is originally from Champaign, IL....Stacy Mayberry. She got the article about the tail gunner career from you.

What is throwing me off is the middle initial changes on the census although I know these records often lack accuracy. Later I am told that the son Alexander has a middle name of Leonard so that is 3 initial that are incorrect or very garbled on the census records.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions