Search for content in message boards

Olinger genealogy

Olinger genealogy

Barbara Billington (View posts)
Posted: 26 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: OLINGER
Looking for info on Englebert Olinger (he had 9 brothers and 3 sisters) came to States in1854. Born In Bavaria in1830. Married Susan Hanson and had a farm in Clayton Co., Iowa.
Do you know this family?

Olinger genealogy

Sara Coates (View posts)
Posted: 27 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Olinger
Barbara,
I don't know anything about this line of Olinger's. I found that when Johann Philip and his bro. Johann George came to Pa. on the ship 'Friendship' in 1741, Their father and a sister (Barbara)& possibly a younger Bro stayed in Germany. They are listed as born in Eschweiler,Zweibruchen, Germany.(Which I later learned were two different places.)Where in Bavaria was your Englebert O. born? The b. date 1830, could make him a grandchild of a bro. who stayed in Germany.I will keep alert for Englebert O.Do you have any other names that could possibly connect? By 1830 my Olinger line had moved from Pa. thru Va. and settled in Ill.
Some of my Grandmothers siblings moved on to N.D. and Neb. while others to Ohio, and Grandma to Mich.
Thanks for the response,
Sara

olinger

Rita (View posts)
Posted: 5 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Olinger
My mother and father ahd the last name Olinger and I have always heard that the origins of our family tree at least on my dads side were from PA. My family now lives in Smyth County Virginia, where they have been as long as any one can remember. My great grandfather's name was Samuel--do you find this name, or any other Olingers in SW Virginia in your own research? Also, I would appreciate some good clues about researching this surname.--Thanks, Rita.

OLINGER

Sara Coates (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: OLINGER
Rita,
Thank you for your response to my querry. I don't have a Samuel Olinger in my direct family line. But I do have some other info in my Olinger files which I will search to see what I can find about him. He may be desendant of Johann George Olinger, bro. of Johannes Philip Olinger (my line) And they did indeed settle 1st in Pa. and by 1789 Philip was in Augusta Va. I would have look at a map to see where Smyth co.is.
What do you have so far for sure? find your g-g-father's b. and d. date,then you can get his parents names,(usually) It helps to also have names of siblings to dbl. check family lines. Olinger names are repeated in every generation, so there are a lot of cousins/etc.w/same names. Let me know what you need, hope I can be of help. Sara

Johan Philip Olinger

Bobbie (View posts)
Posted: 13 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Olinger, Reece
Looking for information on Fredrick Olinger born May 2, 1872 in Howard Co., IN. Father Joseph Hiram Olinger mother Tamer Reece. They had 3 children named Lester, Melton,and Virgil.

Joseph Hiram Olinger

Bobbie (View posts)
Posted: 14 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Sara,
Thank you for the information on Joseph Hiram Olinger. I do have the birthdate for Josph Hiram as July 22, 1849, Grant Co.,IN. d Sept 25, 1900 St.John Stafford Co., KS. Burial Eden Valley Cem. Seward, KS.
I show that John Downey b, Jan 26,1828 m.Susan M. Wood,
Sept 4, 1848 instead of 1864 Grant Co., IN.
Notes:
the 1850 census shows John Olinger and his wife Susan, with son Joseph H., living in Grant Co., IN. The 1860 census shows John Olinger and his second wife, Lucinda, with son Hiram age 11, and daughter Cordelia age 2, living in Jackson Twp., Howard County, IN. info from ww1.comteck.com
Thank you for your help I will look in the familytree, for Frederick.
Bobbie

Olinger

Sara Coates (View posts)
Posted: 14 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Olinger, Gaubatz, Adkins
Bobbie;
I have notes on Joseph Hiram Olinger b abt 1852 in Grant co, Ind.could be son of John Downey Olinger,b.jan.26,1828,m.Susan M.Wood,Sept 4,1864.and grandson of Henry Olinger& Rebecca Sinclair(2nd wife).Henry Olinger;b.Oct 12,1806 in Tenn. d.mar.08,1874 in Grant, Ind.m.1st.Sarah Darnell,Sept,12,1825,m. Rebecca Sinclair Sept 12,1847 in Grant Ind.
I have not reserched this info, notes were posted on genforum.familytreemaker.com by Bethany Norberg who has more info on this family.Hope this helps. Sara

Olinger, Samuel

Sara Coates (View posts)
Posted: 24 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 16 Mar 2010 1:12PM GMT
Surnames: Olinger, Horton, Louder, Wythe, Wyrick, Chapman, Maukmore, Brion
Rita,
I have come across a Samuel Lee Perkins Olinger, m.Susan Martha Horton, Samuel is the son of Jonathon O. and Mary Polly Louder/Wythe Co. Va.Samuels'son was John W. Olinger,m. Rachel G. Wyrick,& their son was Thomas Herman Olinger m. Minnie Mae Chapman. Jonathon Olinger was son of Jacob Ohlinger,& Katharina Maukmore,Jacob was son of Johan Jacob Olinger,and Maria Magdalena(?) He was son of Johan George Olinger and Anna Maria Brion.These notes were found on GenForum chat,familytreemaker.com. re:Olingers,smyth co. Va.from Rev.J.Olinger.(jerolinger@aol.com.)If you haven't found him already I hope this is your Samuel. Sara

Re: Joseph Hiram Olinger

Posted: 5 Sep 2001 10:45PM GMT
Edited: 16 Mar 2010 1:10PM GMT
Surnames: olinger
I would like info on A hiram joseph first and second wifes

Re: olinger

William M. Olinger (View posts)
Posted: 11 Oct 2001 6:37PM GMT
Hi Rita, I am Mike Olinger from Marion (Smyth County) Va. also. My father's name was Warren Vintson Olinger (Died Oct 22, 1993) My mom is Mildred McAllister Olinger who still lives in Marion. My sister is Dixie sheets that works for the town of Marion. My brother is David Olinger and is a State Trooper in Tazwell Va. I gave my Dixie and my mom some information on our ancesters that I had found a year or so ago. Contact them and I think they will be able to help you a little. I now live in Tennessee or Id be glad to give you the info.
Mike Olinger
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions