Search for content in message boards

NEED COPY OF Old Ancestry Family Tree Maker

NEED COPY OF Old Ancestry Family Tree Maker

Posted: 18 Nov 2007 12:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Nov 2007 1:50PM GMT
My computer crashed and all my files were backed up but the Newer version of Family tree maker won't open my .AFZ files.... Need to be able to open them as a AFT file to copy over to newer program. Does anyone have a Old copy of Ancestry Tree Maker on there computer that they could zip and send me. Ancestry.com won't give me a copy b/c they don't support it anymore....
Many thanks to anyone that can send it... Otherwise I have 10 yrs worth of work down the drain.....

Re: NEED COPY OF Old Ancestry Family Tree Maker

Posted: 19 Nov 2007 10:15AM GMT
Edited: 20 Nov 2007 1:50PM GMT
I would try E-Bay for an older copy if the board phish doesn't work...can usually get older versions relly cheap. Can't help you, I have the new one too. Good luck!

Posted: 16 Dec 2007 12:58PM GMT
Anna, how old? It is crazy that they do not support the Family Tree maker. I have updated several Family tree maker and when I have called for support, they tell me they sold companies. If you will tell me when the dates maybe I can help. Joy Harper

Posted: 16 Dec 2007 8:31PM GMT
Thanks for reply .. It's the Ancestry Family Tree maker... It eas a free download from Ancestry .. I then bought the "Family Tree Maker" but it won't open the backups from Ancestry... If you have the Ancestry version ...I don't care which version I would be happy camper..... the files are ATF files and ATZ (backup) files.... My computer went down and I lost all the AFT files and only have my backup and Faamily Tree Maker won't open them...... What is a shame... after paying all these years to Ancestry they won't help and just say too bad..... and it was a freeby....
per page

Find a board about a specific topic