Search for content in message boards

Anna C(h)orba Wilson b. abt. 1902 CT, d. abt. 1968 Hartland, husband?, children?

Anna C(h)orba Wilson b. abt. 1902 CT, d. abt. 1968 Hartland, husband?, children?

Barbara Eickmeyer (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2004 3:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wilson Corba Chorba
Anna Chorba is the first daughter of Andrew and Mary Ambrisko Chorba. Her siblings were John Michael m. Anna Mary Urban, Mary (Mae) m. John Patrick and Helen m. Joseph Eichinger. The family knows her last name became Wilson but are not aware of a marriage. Dates and knowledge about her life in Maine would be great. Have her in the 1920 Bridgeport census age 18 with her family but not in the 1930.

Re: Anna C(h)orba Wilson b. abt. 1902 CT, d. abt. 1968 Hartland, husband?, children?

Posted: 15 Aug 2011 2:10AM GMT
Surnames: ,
Hello, My name is Eric John Ericson, and I found your post. My mother was Patricia (Patrick) Ericson, daughter of Mary (Chorba) Patrick. My family and I visited Anne often during the 1970's. Although I do not have any information regarding her "marriage" to Hank Wilson, she was born 7/14/1901 and died 11/4/1980, sh is listed as Ann Wilson on the SSDI and her SSN was 004-24-5498. I am just starting in geneaology but am definately curious to learn more about the C(h)orba family. Hope you have found out a lot more since your post.

Re: Anna C(h)orba Wilson b. abt. 1902 CT, d. abt. 1968 Hartland, husband?, children?

Posted: 16 Aug 2011 8:41AM GMT
Classification: Census
Surnames: CHORBA
Name: Andrew Cherba
[Andrew Chorba]
Age in 1910: 37
Estimated Birth Year: 1873
Birthplace: Austria
Relation to Head of House: Head
Father's Birth Place: Austria
Mother's Birth Place: Austria
Spouse's Name: Mary Cherba
Home in 1910: Ansonia Ward 4, New Haven, Connecticut
Marital Status: Married
Race: White
Year of immigration: 1888
[1889]
+
Name: Mary Cherba
[Mary Chorba]
Age in 1910: 30
Estimated Birth Year: 1880
Birthplace: Austria
Relation to Head of House: Wife
Father's Birth Place: Austria
Mother's Birth Place: Austria
Spouse's Name: Andrew Cherba
Home in 1910: Ansonia Ward 4, New Haven, Connecticut
Marital Status: Married
Race: White
Year of immigration: 1899
+
Name: Annie Cherba
[Annie Chorba]
Age in 1910: 8
Estimated Birth Year: 1902
Birthplace: Connecticut
Relation to Head of House: Daughter
+
Name: John Cherba
[John Chorba]
Age in 1910: 5
Estimated Birth Year: 1905
Relation to Head of House: Son
+
Name: Mary Cherba
[Mary Chorba]
Age in 1910: 4
Estimated Birth Year: 1906
Relation to Head of House: Daughter

Andrew M Chorba 57
Mary A Chorba 50
Mary Chorba 22
Helen Chorba 13
Bridgeport, Fairfield, Connecticut

Posted: 17 Aug 2011 4:28PM GMT
Surnames: Corba, Wilson, Urban, Patrick, Ericson, Eichinger, Ambrisko
Hey Eric, I don't have much, if truth be known, this family line is my father's second wife's, and I really didn't pursue it to any great extent. I asked Nancy, John Michael and Anna Mary Urban Corba's daughter if she would like to make contact with you so if you are interested, email me at barbe@optonline.net and I will pass along her email address to you. Thanks for making the contact. Barbara

Posted: 1 Oct 2012 12:59AM GMT
Hi Barbara, Sorry so long in responding. I sent an email to your email address. I am now building a family tree for the Chorba family, so I would appreciate any contact with your stepmother. I am Mae Patrick's (Mary Chorba Patrick) grandson. Regards, Eric John Ericson
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions