Search for content in message boards

joseph mauck wood

joseph mauck wood

Posted: 24 Oct 1999 7:29PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 9:47PM GMT
I am looking to fill some holes in my family tree.My greatgrandfather was from Gallia Co.,Ohio and married Emily Pullins in 1869,then moved to Athens.They had children such as Augustas Palmer,James Perry, and my grandfather Robert Simpson.I know that he died in Athens in 1933.The family was originally from Rio Grande,but there is another family with similar names from there.I would like to know the name of HIS father,especially because if I can prove that he is directly descended from Harrison and Nehemiah Wood,then I have the family name traced to England in the 1200's! That family name changed over centuries from Atwood and Atte Wood.I have a large part of someone's interesting family tree - I hope it's mine!

Nehemiah Wood

Christine (View posts)
Posted: 4 Nov 1999 5:22PM GMT
You might just be the person I'm looking for. I'm trying to find out where Nehemiah Woods' family is from. I found on the LDS sight that the Wood family goes all the way back to England but I can't find out how Nehemiah's family got from Rhode Island to Va. Do you have any ideas? Please help! My e-mail address is CANDBROSZ@aol.com. I look forward to hearing from you either way.

Thanks,
Christine.

nehemiah wood

Posted: 5 Nov 1999 4:06PM GMT
i am descended from him.please see my previous queries.i'll let you know any details.do you know from him to present?

Nehemiah Wood

Christine (View posts)
Posted: 7 Nov 1999 4:40PM GMT
My Nehemiah Wood was born about 1731 in Prince William Co., VA. He died 3 Aug. 1816 in Rileyville, Shenandoah CO., VA. He married Abigail Grisgy about 1750 in Rileyville and had a son, John Wood. He was born in 1758 and married Rachel Moody. They had a daughter Mary Wood, b. 1781. Mary married William Moody and their daughter Rachel Moody (1815 or 1816) married John Cameron. Their daughter Anne V. Cameron (1847) married William S. Knight. They had a daughter, Rachel E. She married Charles L. Beahm and they had my great grandmother, Glady E. Beahm. I hope that's not too confusing.

Does this link our families in any way? I hope so. If you need further information, I'll be glad to supply it. If you can find out if our Woods link to the Woods of R.I. and the Woods of England, please let me know, I'll do the same.

I look forward to hearing something from you!

Chris.

nehemiah wood

Posted: 13 Nov 1999 2:17PM GMT
i saw your message.i think that we are "related" via son of n's named nehemiah,jr. i do have some info from r.i. and england,but you can get thesame stuff on-line from "familysearch.com" with n's pedigree chart.write me on email if you want more or have info for me.

Nehemiah Wood family

Posted: 14 Nov 1999 5:32PM GMT
Edited: 24 Mar 2005 5:50PM GMT
I am a descendant of Nehemiah(Gallia County,Ohio)He was came from Virginia-originally Luray County. My sister Jane Konkel has some details of lineage between there and Woods who were in Little Compton. We need more details, also.Nehemiah Wood's homestead was in the family until depression era when it was sold to the family of Bob Evans(Bob Evans restaurants) who often depict the old homestead which is still standing and can still be visited, I believe.

Joseph Mauck Wood

Posted: 14 Nov 1999 5:38PM GMT
Edited: 24 Mar 2005 5:50PM GMT
I am also a great grandson. My sister, Jane Konkel and I are grandchildren of Robert Simpson Wood, of Athens, who died in 1949. Are you in the Joe Lord family somehow? Where are you located?-and please fill in any details you can provide. Lokk at the other related links, including some from my sister. We need to fill in links back to Nehemiah and beyond, although we have some. Do keep in touch!

nehemiah wood

Posted: 15 Nov 1999 10:02AM GMT
when i get everthing pulled together,i can send you,but it sounds as if you are getting the same stuff off of familysearch and ancestry.i don't know yet how or why the move to virginia,but heard rumors that he was a colonial governor or something there...perhaps that's why.there is supposed to be a wood book in my library,which i need to go find soon,which may have the story.what is interesting is why the move to america?did you see the name change from atwood?did you see the atte woode from the 1200's?one died in france in 13300's - was probably fighting in the 100 year war,i would quess...

Nehemiah Wood

Christine (View posts)
Posted: 15 Nov 1999 11:28AM GMT
I have been in contact with you sister. I don't really have much to add to your findings as I found mine on the LDS sight as well. I did find the information about the the Bob Evans restaurants and the homestead very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Chris.

Nehemiah Wood

Christine (View posts)
Posted: 15 Nov 1999 11:44AM GMT
I have gotten most of my information off of the FamilySearch websight. It is very exciting to think that we're related to the family from RI. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if we're related to them. I saw on GenForum where someone posted that Nehemiah was born in England and emgrated here with his brother Asa. But also, I found on Genforum that he was born in Prince William County, VA about 1731 and was a Patriot in the Revolutionary War. His son Benjamin was a Private in the 1st. Virginia Regiment. So, now you can see my confusion!

Also, I can't seem to find any info. on Abigail Grigsby. Have you had any luck there?

Also, Abigail and Nehemiah are apparently buried side by side on the homeplace.

I hope this helps a little. I look forward to hearing from you again.

Chris.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions