Search for content in message boards

Michael Depeel/Depeal

Michael Depeel/Depeal

Posted: 29 Jan 2011 5:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Searching for a Michael Depeel/Depeal that was born about 1792 or so. This Michael was in Michigan, but I can't find him in any censuses, death records, etc. Only a marriage record. Anyone know about the Michael Depeal listed in the 1851 Census for Burford, Brant Co., Ontario Prov Canada West? I'm wondering if his wife died prior to 1861. If this post gets old, I'm still available, unless I'm dead.

Re: Michael Depeel/Depeal

Posted: 25 Feb 2011 11:47PM GMT
Hello Michael. I was just starting to look for you in Riverside. I married a Newton (in Michigan) and I'm working on his family history. Michael (1819 - 1880) was married to Calista Cook (1824 - 1909). They had Harvey Winslow who married Martha Newton. They has Leroy & Theodore. I traced Martha to Sarasota, Fl.but nothing after that. Michael & Calista are buried in the Emerson Cemetery in Gratior Co., Mi. I do have pictures. This is such a coincidence, I just retired and I'm moving back to Corona, Ca this summer. I'll be happy to share any family history that I have.

Posted: 26 Feb 2011 6:10AM GMT
The Michael Depeal that I am looking for is probably more from the 1790's. I don't have an exact birth year, but am going by the woman in my family that he married. A Michael Depeal (various spellings) married in 1861 to Lydia Sanders, widow of Jacob Sanders of Lenawee Co., Michigan. According to a family history article, Lydia was only married to Michael for 6 months when he died. There are no Lenawee Co. death records for 1861. She might have lived with him in Hillsdale Co, which is just west of Lenawee- as she died in Hillsdale Co. I'm thinking that this Michael Depeal might have been relation to some Depeals in Jackson Co., Michigan. Jackson Co. is the next one north of Hillsdale and we have family connections there, too. I was thinking that when I looked at all of this that the father of your Michael was Nicholas. There is a Michael in the 1851 Brant Co. Canada Census who is 59. This makes him born about 1793. I was thinking perhaps this Michael was a brother to Nicholas, and that perhaps it was this Michael that married my Lydia. I really didn't find any old Depeals other than in Canada. What do you think? Best Regards, Roger.

Posted: 21 Mar 2011 7:02PM GMT
My name is Michael J. DePeel, II. I have an entire geneology tree I made for a project in middle school. I could hook you up with. All the names you are using are in my tree.

My grandmother is an expert on this tree and I could get you in contact with her if needed.

Shoot me an email: mike.depeel@gmail.com and I can get you pointed in the necessary direction.

Have a great day!

Posted: 22 Mar 2011 5:18PM GMT
I can find some info on Michael born abt 1820
here he is in 1861 also his death is on line he died from insanity?
Attachments:

Posted: 22 Mar 2011 5:35PM GMT
check out Rootsweb family tree section for depeel various researchers are listed there

Posted: 22 Mar 2011 5:35PM GMT
check out Rootsweb family tree section for depeel various researchers are listed there

Posted: 22 Mar 2011 6:30PM GMT
Thanks for the advice Beverly. The Michael from 1820 is not old enough. I believe the one I need is the older one mentioned in the original post. I have searched extensively all over for information on an old Michael for the 1790's. I spent weeks on just that man alone. Mainly because the surname is not in Lenawee or Hillsdale Co., Michigan records- the place where Lydia (Egbert) Sanders was at. Some Depeel/Depeals were in Jackson Co., Michigan according to a very old posting of a researcher, but I can't find any there either. I could have missed them, but when I search I really search- spelling the name all sorts of ways, doing ages, etc., every combination I can't think of. Are you related to these Depeel's? Or know additional internet sites in Canada to search thru? Thanks, Roger

Posted: 22 Mar 2011 6:37PM GMT
I need an older Michael, but this is almost driving me insane trying to find the older one!! I might not remember this right, but it seems to me that perhaps I thought that this younger one might be a nephew to the Michael I am looking for. But then somehow, the guy needs to get across the US/Canada line to about 80 miles Southwest of Detroit, and have some reason to be there. This line of mine does not have any Canadian connections that I know of.

Posted: 22 Mar 2011 7:18PM GMT

U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules, 1850-1885
about Michael Depeel
Name:

Michael Depeel

Race: White

Marital Status:

Married
Place of Birth:
Canada