Search for content in message boards

Descendants of Alvah Ewers and Jane Geddes

Descendants of Alvah Ewers and Jane Geddes

Posted: 27 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Dec 2002 12:05AM GMT
Surnames: Ewers, Geddes, Parkinson, Pasco, Komgeal, Wooly, Holman, Bieder, Balhorn, Howell
Trying to find descenants of Alvah Ewers and Jane Geddes who married in Detroit in 1829.

Jane Ewers, daughter of Alvah and Jane, married William Parkinson. I don't yet know the names of their children.

William Ewers, son of Alvah and Jane, married Adelaid Pasco, and they lived in Springwells Township of Wayne County. According to my information, their children were named Grace, Sarah, Elbert, Belle, Henry, William, and Robert. Per my information, Grace married John Wooly, Sarah married Eline Holman, Belle married a man named Bieder, and Robert married Josephine Komgeal.

Per my information, the children of Robert and Josephine Ewers were named Edward, Eva, Agnes, Edna, Marcella, and Josephine. Marcella married William Balhorn. Eva married Dwight Howell and had children named Iris, Marcella, and Marlon Howell.

I would particularly like to find out where Alvah and Jane Ewers are buried, but any info about them and their descendants would be appreciated. I have lots of info to share about the ancestors of Alvah Ewers.

Re: Descendants of Alvah Ewers and Jane Geddes

Kristi Campbell (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jun 2002 11:30PM GMT
Surnames: Bieder, Buchan
I'm sorry that I don't have info. on Alvah and/or Jane, but I saw that you're researching Bieder as well. I've been trying to track down info. on my own Bieder line, and hope that perhaps you can help me. My gggrandfather was John Bieder (from Switz.), married to Catherine Anne Buchan, their son was Edwin John Bieder who married Florence Lillian Lowe, from Eng. Do any of these names sound familliar? Thanks in advance, I hope and good luck on your research!
Kristi

edward parkinson (View posts)
Posted: 29 Dec 2002 5:36AM GMT
Edited: 20 Jun 2003 10:19PM GMT
Surnames: Parkinson, Ewers
My grandfather named Alvah Parkinson is the son of Charles Parkinson who is the son of William Parkinson & Jane Ewers the daughter of Alvah Ewers and that answears where my grandfathers "Alvah" name maybe came from as I cant find out who William Parkinson parents were.

Posted: 23 Jan 2013 9:50PM GMT
They are buried in Sect B, Lot 106 Elmwood Cemetery in Detroit

Posted: 23 Jan 2013 10:02PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jan 2013 2:06PM GMT
Surnames: Stanfield
Thanks! Since posting my questions back in 2002 I was contacted by descendants of Alvah who kindly provided photos of the gravestones and other family info. I've added quite a bit of this info on Alvah and his descendants in my Stanfield Family Tree on ancestry.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions