Search for content in message boards

MYERS, MILLER, SINGREE

MYERS, MILLER, SINGREE

Barbara Myers (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Seeking info about parents of George MYERS, b ca 1756, d 1824, Frederick Co MD, and wife, Sarah, d 29 Mar 1845, aged 84, Stark Co OH. George's will probated in Frederick Co mentions children, Sarah, Lydia, John, Elizabeth, Joseph, Hannah, Catherine, David, George, and Jacob B, my ancestor, who married Susannah MILLER. I have info suggesting that George MYERS was the son of a George MYERS, b ca 1730, and Elizabeth SINGREE, m in York Co PA in 1754, but this is unproven. They had another son, Henry, b 1761. Eliz SINGREE was the daughter of Christian SINGREE, b ca 1723 in Switzerland.

Myers relationship

Tammy Michelle Myers (View posts)
Posted: 14 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Myers
I think we may have a possible connection here if you can supply a middle initial. I have a Great Great Grandfather in 1835 who has an Uncle by the name of George R. Myers. I do not have my book here with me and could supply further information later.

George Myers

Barbara M. Myers (View posts)
Posted: 20 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Myers, Singree
Thanks for replying. No, I don't have a middle initial for either George Myers, b. ca 1730, or his purported son, George, b. ca 1756. That's one of the problems one encounters in researching Myerses in Frederick Co. The information I have comes from a woman, descended from Henry Myers, b. 1761, the proven son of the elder George. Henry married a Mary Sarah Stroble, and they settled in Clarion Co. Their children were Nancy, Jacob, John, George Singery, Henrietta, Polly, Henry, Jr. Sarah, Elizabeth, Lottie, Susan, and James S. I listed the children of "my" George and wife Sarah, in my previous query. I have not been able to prove that this George was the son of the elder George. I would appreciate any help you can give me.

George Myers

Barbara M. Myers (View posts)
Posted: 20 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT

George Myers

Posted: 11 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jan 2005 3:45AM GMT
Surnames: MOON, MOHN, MYERS, MARTIN, BEIGHLEY, CROWLEY
I think I am really reaching but here goes. I have an ancestor, Georg Mohn (b. 1759)and wife Ruth Ann Martin who I have traced from eastern Pennsylvania through Frederick Co., Md., and into Loudoun Co., Va. Georg had a sister named Sarah who I believe married Johannas Myers. I have very little on her, but I do know she exists. I am searching for Georg and Sarah's ancestors. Can you help?

John Myers

Posted: 12 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Myers
I don't have a Johannes Myers married to a Sarah. My John Myers, b. 10-4-1790, married Fronica (Fanny) Lowmiller. As you probably know, Frederick Co. records show several people by the name of John Myers living there in the mid-1700's, and since most of them didn't have middle names, it is next to impossible to sort them out.
Sorry my previous attempt to answer your message got aborted. I have a couple broken fingers and am hunting and pecking.

John Myers

Posted: 12 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT

Re: MYERS, MILLER, SINGREE

Posted: 4 Apr 2002 2:22PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jul 2003 9:46PM GMT
Regarding George Myers b. ca. 1730 and m. to Eliz. Singree in York Co. PA in 1754 - did they have a daughter Elizabeth b. ca. 1757? I have an Eliz. Myers who married an Andrew Treyer ca. 1777 and settled in Lancaster, PA. Andrew may have been living in Frederick Co., MD, as he joined the Rev. War effort in Frederick MD in 1775. I am trying to find Eliz. Myers parents, and her marriage date and location. Can not find anything in the Lancaster City, PA church records so I suspect they were married in York Co., PA or in MD. Thanks - Kathleen

Re: George Myers

Posted: 27 Jul 2004 1:34PM GMT
Edited: 7 Sep 2004 5:24PM GMT
I am a decendant of George Moon and Ruth Anna Martin. Their daughter, Susannah, is my Grandmother. She married Henry Worley.

Re: George Myers

Posted: 28 Jul 2004 4:34AM GMT
Edited: 30 Jan 2005 3:45AM GMT
Please tell me more. I am very interested. I have very little on Susanna and Henry. Do you have any information on Georg and Ruth Anna?

Great to hear from you. Please stay in touch.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions