Search for content in message boards

Blackwood, William R.--Trying To Track Him Down

Blackwood, William R.--Trying To Track Him Down

Posted: 12 Nov 2008 12:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Blackwood
Brief Descendency:

Isaac and Mary Jones Blackwood (buried at Blackwood Cemetery, Blount County, AL)
Robert H. Blackwood Sr. and Anna (Arra Arena) Daily Blackwood (buried at Blackwood Cemetery, Walker County, AL)
William Blackwood, born about 1860 (buried at Blackwood Cemetery, Walker County, AL) and Susan Jones Blackwood (burial site unknown)
William R. (burial site unknown) and (first wife) Emma Nix Blackwood (buried at Greens Chapel Cumberland Presbyterian Church Cemetery, Blount County, AL)

I am trying to track down William R. Blackwood, an ancestor of mine. He was born around 1887 possibly in Walker County, AL,as that's where his parents are buried. Cullman County and Blount County are other birthplace possibilities, but less likely. He and Emma went through a very acrimonious divorce before 1930. (Emma was already listed as divorced in the 1930 census.)

There is a vague notion he moved to Marshall County, AL (Boaz, Guntersville area), and he definately remarried. It is suspected he had other children besides the ones he had with Emma. However, these are all suspicious, as I've not been able to find any record of him anywhere.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Blackwood, William R.--Trying To Track Him Down

Posted: 18 Dec 2008 12:46AM GMT
Did you see the record that has a William R. Blackwood dying 15 Apr 1944 in Marshall County?

Posted: 18 Dec 2008 12:51AM GMT
Also, the World War I Draft registration database has a William Robin Blackwood, Blount County [in the 19-teens] with a birth date of 27 Mar 1884.

Posted: 18 Dec 2008 11:16PM GMT
Actually I have an official ordered straight from the state copy of that death certificate and I have seen the copy of the WWI Draft Card. At first, I thought it was him, then I found I reason I thought it wasn't him, and now I'm waffling tremendously (alhtough my eldest Haynes/Blackwood aunt has said she didn't think he moved to Marshall county, BUT...) GAH, genealogy is such a wonderful and wonderfuly frustrating thing. :)

Thanks so much for the replies though. I greatly appreciated it. :) If I can ever confirm anything, you will see a post with a big subject something akin to FOUND HIM FOUND HIM, CELEBRATE WITH ME!!!!! LOL. Okay, enough of that. Seriously, thanks again.

Posted: 19 Dec 2008 8:00PM GMT
Yes I did. That's the one for whom I actually sent for the official death certificate, hoping and praying. But, it turns out it's not him. Wrong parents. *sigh*. But hope springs eternal. :)

Posted: 19 Dec 2008 8:02PM GMT
I think this is the same William Robin who died in Marshall County, who is not my great grandfather. From all accounts I've seen my great grandfather was born in July of 1887.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions