Search for content in message boards

Susannah Slusher Hylton wife of Elijah

Susannah Slusher Hylton wife of Elijah

Posted: 25 Jun 2005 2:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Nov 2006 6:45AM GMT
Surnames: Weddle, Hylton, Sutphin, Updegrove, DiMarco, Williams, Rice, Schroyer, Pelter, Long, Jackson, Gonder
I am trying to locate a father or sibling for Susannah, wife of Elijah Hylton. Has anyone looked at other Slusher/Schlosser families in the same areas to see if Susannah might be associated with them? I found the following Slushers in Virginia in the 1787 reconstructed census.
Frederick Slusher, taxed on self, 6 horses and 16 cattle;
Christopher, taxed under Frederick ( probably over 18 and under 21) and
John, taxed on self, 1 horse, 1 cattle.
All living in Frederick Co.

The census records have been lost, but were reconstructed using tax rolls.

Also, I'm looking for a place of birth for Elijah.
George, his father, lived in Fluvanna Co. for a while and his brother George was married in Fork Union (Fluvanna Co.).
Would it be possible for Elijah to have been born there or is more likely that it was Goochland where his parents were married or New Kent where George was born?
Any thoughts?
Janice

Re: Susannah Slusher Hylton wife of Elijah

Posted: 6 Aug 2005 9:51PM GMT
Edited: 18 Mar 2006 2:25PM GMT
Surnames: HYLTON, SLUSHER
Elijah was born 4-2-1735 in King and Queen County
and died 3-28-1815 in Montgomery county. Catherine Susannah Slusher was born about 1743 and died 1815. They were married in 1865. Elijah fought with George Washington in the Revolutionary War. Don't know where they are buried.

Re: Susannah Slusher Hylton wife of Elijah

Janice (View posts)
Posted: 12 Aug 2005 2:42AM GMT
Edited: 18 Mar 2006 2:25PM GMT
Surnames: HYLTON, SLUSHER
Do you have any idea of who Susannah's parents were? I think she is related to Christopher Slusher a soldier in the Am. Rev. and Floyd/Carroll Co. but I have no proof.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic