Search for content in message boards

Idah L. Wentworth-Rock Elm Wisconsin or Jackson County Iowa

Idah L. Wentworth-Rock Elm Wisconsin or Jackson County Iowa

Jeremy (View posts)
Posted: 21 May 2002 3:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello fellow Gen Seekers:

my gg grand- Uncle Henry Rodewald born 1859 in Van Buren Iowa. He married Idah L. Wentworth 10/12/1885. they moved to Rock Elm Township in Wisconsin. Idah was born February 16, 18__. This is all I know.

Please Post reply message, if this makes any sense

Re: Idah L. Wentworth-Rock Elm Wisconsin or Jackson County Iowa

Posted: 5 Sep 2002 9:11PM GMT
THIS IS PROBABLY NOT THE RIGHT PERSON, BUT THOUGHT I WOULD PASS ALONG THIS INFO. CENSUS FOR 1880, LINCOLN, MITCHELL CO, IOWA PAGE 465 THERE IS A IDA WENTWORTH LIVING WITH JOHN AND JULIE HILER, LISTED AS SISTER-IN-LAW. GOOD LUCK

Posted: 31 Oct 2002 2:51AM GMT
Hi: This Henry Rodewald was listed as a member of Frederick Edward Rodewald's family, living in Van Buren, Iowa in 1859. Fredericks wife Sophie had died two years prior to this. Henry moved to Rock Elm, Wisconsin with his father in 1871 or about that time. I next found him living with his Cousin Frederick Henry Rodewald in Preston, Iowa. Preston is in Jackson County. Frederick Henry was born in 1845 in Germany. He was one of three boys born to Frederick Edward Rodewald and Sophie Heide. The second son was William David, born in 1847, also in Germany. The other son Charles Henry was born in St Louis, Missouri in 1852. Charles was my grandfather. This information comes primarily the US Census but I have used the WORO link found for Rodewald's in Roots. I have traced most of the Frederick Edward Rodewald family through the US Census through the 1930 Census. Some I have lost, particularily the girls but I have found some of those as well. I have not been able to do as well with the childred of my grandfathers brothers and sister. Let me know if this helps. My father, Gordon Edwin Rodewald, left Wisconsin after two years of college for a job in North Dakota. He subsequently moved to Eastern Montana (Brockton) where he settled, married. His Brother Charles Henry also moved to North Dakota, where he taught school, ending up in Tioga.

Posted: 1 Nov 2002 3:17PM GMT
Edited: 15 Oct 2003 3:25PM GMT
Hello Gordon;

Are you Grandson to Charles Henry Rodewald and Bertha May Marklenburg.
I have a few pictures of thier headstones and wants left of his house in Farm Hill Wisconsin.
My great grandfather is August Arther Rodewald born of Frderick Edward Rodewald and Sophia Loisa R _____. (the 2nd wife)
I been reasearching my family genealogy from a few years know, I have found many wonderderful things, things that will make you scratch your head, and few things I didn't want to know. But still things I needed to know.

It seems evertime I meet somebody from the first family, I hear from them once of twice, and never agian....

Jeremy Rodewald

Donald W. Albertson (View posts)
Posted: 18 Dec 2003 3:25PM GMT
Hi Gordon,

I just came across your message. My Great Grandmother was Bessie Rodewald, your Grandfather's sister. I've been doing some research over the past year and have found some great items (photos, marriage certificates, etc.) I'd like to share them with you or anyone else related to Frederick Edward Rodewald family. Hope you get this message.

Sincerely,
Donald W. Albertson

Posted: 17 Aug 2004 2:47AM GMT
Jeremy,
Are you the grandson of August Arthur Rodewald?
Related to Adelbert A. and David Herman?

I'm searching the family of Frederick Rodewald
Did you ever find Idah Wentworth? Many more question!
rodedea@us.hilti.com

Posted: 19 Aug 2011 6:59PM GMT
Surnames: wentworth, Fehring, Garrison
Interesting that they went to Montana. I am reserching those of jackson county and iowa. Garrison from union iowa went to Montana md Fehring. Looking at when where people came some from Iowa, mo. it helped to spread the word. etc.I shall file this away.
wolford Illn and wolford iowa. I may have spelling in error at moment.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic