Search for content in message boards

Kittery or Portsmouth

Kittery or Portsmouth

Posted: 30 Jul 2012 9:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Jul 2012 10:34PM GMT
My mother was born at the Portsmouth Navel Hospital in July of 1955. Her birth certificate says she was born in Kittery, Maine. I know in the last decade or two NH and Maine had a legal battle over the jurisdiction of Portsmouth Navel Shipyard. It's my understanding that in 2006 NH reaffirmed the island as theirs. I have a few questions:

Where was the physical location of the hospital? It wasn't the prison ? ? ?
If my mother had been born there now would she have been considered born in Portsmouth?
Where does my mother go to get a copy of her birth certificate?
If the location is now officially Portsmouth is there any need/benefit for my mother to have her certificate revised?

Re: Kittery or Portsmouth

Posted: 31 Jul 2012 11:12AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
THINK

http://www.med.navy.mil/sites/nmcp/Pages/faq.aspx#birth

How do I obtain past medical records?

All of our medical records are retired to St Louis Mo, every two to five years (every five years for outpatient records and every two years for inpatient records). You may contact them at the following address: National Personnel Records, 9700 Page Blvd, St Louis Mo 63132-5100 . Telephone 314-801-0800 , Fax 314 801-9195 . You will need to know what type of medical records that you are looking for (inpatient or outpatient) and from what hospital or clinic.

Re: Kittery or Portsmouth

Posted: 31 Jul 2012 12:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Who issued her birth certificate?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic