Search for content in message boards

Descendants of Hardy and Elizabeth (Myatt) Stevens

Descendants of Hardy and Elizabeth (Myatt) Stevens

Posted: 20 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 May 2006 3:05AM GMT
Surnames: STEVENS, MYATT
Looking for descendants of Hardy STEVENS, born 1805, Wake Co., NC. Married ca 1830, Pickens Co., AL, Elizabeth MYATT, born 1805, Wake Co., NC. They moved to Columbus, Lowndes Co., MS in early 1830's. Children: Mary C. married Charles H. HOOKS; Martha A. mar. John M. TAYLOR; Joseph Henry mar. Ophelia WALLACE; James Alfred mar. 1) Neppie BARNES, 2) Mary Ella FORDE and 3) Mary Florence CROWDER; John Alexander mar. Fannie GIBSON; Elizabeth mar. W. S. PALMER; Mariah, died young; and Fannie E. mar. Joseph B. COBB. Hardy STEVENS died in Columbus 1889. Elizabeth died 1885. Both are buried in Friendship Cemetery.

Hardy & Elizabeth Stevens

Posted: 20 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: STEVENS, TAYLOR
Yes, Martha A. STEVENS, daughter of Hardy & Elizabeth STEVENS, was born abt 1833, MS; married 27 July 1854, Lowndes Co., MS, John M. TAYLOR. I don't know when or where she died. Are you related? Would love to exchange information with you.

Hardy and Elizabeth Stevens

pat dickinson (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: stevens, taylor
I have John Montague Taylor married Martha Ann Stevens in July, 1854 in Lowndes Co. MS. I show father as Andrew. Is this the same person.

Posted: 21 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: STEVENS, TAYLOR, MYATT, MILLICAN
I don't have much on Martha STEVENS, only dates I sent you earlier. I found a reference that says she was living in Kentucky about 1891, but that's all. Sorry.

Hardy and Elizabeth MYATT STEVENS of Lowndes Co., MS, evidently married in Pickens Co., AL. An old family letter says "Elizabeth MYATT moved to Pickens Co., AL and grandpa Hardy STEVENS rode on horseback a few months later and married (before) coming to Columbus." He was one of the earliest settlers of Columbus, MS. He was a carpenter and is known to have built the beautiful old home known as Shadowlawn. Elizabeth MYATT is believed to be the daughter of Alexander MYATT, who moved from Wake Co., NC to AL then MS. Alexander MYATT was living in Pickens Co., AL, 1830. You can find out a lot about the MYATT family at this website:
http://frontpage.mindinfo.com/myatt

Hardy STEVENS was the son of Isham STEVENS and his wife, Winifred SMITH, who were married in Wake Co., NC, 4 Jan 1802. Isham STEVENS was born abt 1770, NC; died 7 Dec 1822, Wake Co., NC, in the 52nd year of his age, leaving a will which names the following: wife, Winifred STEVENS; and children Samuel STEVENS, Hardy STEVENS, Elizabeth STEVENS, Edwin STEVENS, and Mary STEVENS. Isham STEVENS' Bible gives the following info: Samuel STEVENS, born 26 May 1803; Hardy STEVENS, born 14 May 1805; Elizabeth STEVENS, born 2 Aug 1807; Edwin STEVENS, born 20 Oct 1810; and Mary STEVENS, born 27 Sep 1813. Mary married O. H. MILLICAN, 20 Dec 1833, Lowndes Co., MS. I don't know the name of Isham STEVENS or Winifred SMITH's parents.

This ought to get you started. When you find out the names of the children of John M. and Martha TAYLOR, please send me that for my records. Thanks for sending me your data and let me know if I can help in any way. Happy Hunting!

Surnames: STEVENS, TAYLOR, MYATT, MILLICAN
I don't have much on Martha STEVENS, only dates I sent you earlier. I found a reference that says she was living in Kentucky about 1891, but that's all. Sorry.

Hardy and Elizabeth MYATT STEVENS evidently married in Pickens Co., AL. An old family letter says "Elizabeth MYATT moved to Pickens Co., AL and grandpa Hardy STEVENS rode on horseback a few months later and married (before) coming to Columbus." He was one of the earliest settlers of Columbus, MS. He was a carpenter and is known to have built the beautiful old home known as Shadowlawn. Elizabeth MYATT is believed to be the daughter of Alexander MYATT, who moved from Wake Co., NC to AL then MS. Alexander MYATT was living in Pickens Co., AL, 1830. You can find out a lot about the MYATT family at this website:
http://frontpage.mindinfo.com/myatt

Hardy STEVENS was the son of Isham STEVENS and his wife, Winifred SMITH, who were married in Wake Co., NC, 4 Jan 1802. Isham STEVENS was born abt 1770, NC; died 7 Dec 1822, Wake Co., NC, in the 52nd year of his age, leaving a will which names the following: wife, Winifred STEVENS; and children Samuel STEVENS, Hardy STEVENS, Elizabeth STEVENS, Edwin STEVENS, and Mary STEVENS. Isham STEVENS' Bible gives the following info: Samuel STEVENS, born 26 May 1803; Hardy STEVENS, born 14 May 1805; Elizabeth STEVENS, born 2 Aug 1807; Edwin STEVENS, born 20 Oct 1810; and Mary STEVENS, born 27 Sep 1813. Mary married O. H. MILLICAN, 20 Dec 1833, Lowndes Co., MS. I don't know the name of Isham STEVENS or Winifred SMITH's parents.

This ought to get you started. When you find out the names of the children of John M. and Martha TAYLOR, please send me that for my records. Thanks for sending me your data and let me know if I can help in any way. Happy Hunting!

Hardy and Elizabeth Stevens

pat dickinson (View posts)
Surnames: stevens, taylor
Unfortunately, I have just started on the Taylor line. This is what I have:
John Montague Taylor

Born: Feb. 3, 1827

Married: July 27, 1854, Columbus, Lowndes Co., MS

Died: April 22, 1905
Wife: Martha Ann Stevens

Born: 1833
Children: Charles Alexander Taylor

Born: Oct. 12, 1868

Married: Oct. 6, 1890, Centerville, TN

Died: Dec. 18, 1949

Wife: Mary Elizabeth Houk

Born: Jan. 22, 1874

Died: June 8, 1916

Children: Lucy Taylor

Born: May 10, 1894

Married: Sept. 15, 1916

Died: Oct. 1981

Spouse: William Howard Goodman

Born:Oct. 25, 1891,Monroe Co.

Died: Feb. 19, 1978

Dovey Taylor

Stanton Taylor

Selma Taylor-died age 12.
Children of Lucy Taylor and William Goodman

Selma Goodman Dickinson (my mother-in-law)

Born: Sept. 30. 1919, Glasgow, KY

Married: Dec. 29, 1942, Glasgow, KY

Died: March 4, 1994, Glassgow, KY

Spouse: Lewis Dickinson, M.D.

Jack Taylor

My husband, John Day Dickinson, is the son of Selma amd Lewis. I plan to meet with Selma's brother to fill in the blanks. Wish I had more on the Taylor's for you. What do you have on Martha Ann?

Father of Martha Ann STEVENS

Posted: 22 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: STEVENS, TAYLOR
Pat, When I read that you were still confused over Martha Ann's father's name, I read back over all our messages and discovered that I had completely ignored your original post: that you had Andrew STEVENS as father of Martha Ann STEVENS of Lowndes Co., MS. From all my research, I believe that she was the daughter of Hardy STEVENS of Lowndes Co., especially if she was living in Kentucky about 1891. I do not know about an Andrew STEVENS. Sorry that I didn't cover this sooner.

Hardy and Elizabeth Hardy

Pat Dickinson (View posts)
Posted: 22 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Stevens, Taylor
Thank you so much for all the info. I'm still confused over Martha Ann's fathers name. I'll try to solve that with Jack Taylor. I'll try to search Lowndes Co. for more info.
I'll keep you in mind when I find out more about John Montague Taylor.
Thanks again, Pat

Re: Hardy & Elizabeth Stevens

Posted: 23 Nov 2002 4:26PM GMT
Dear Flo,

I am trying to locate information on Martha Ann Stevens. I found an old post from you indicating that you had information of her living in Kentucky in the 1890's. Do you know where? Also, do you have any information going past Isham Stevens? I have a new email address which is: amart53@bellsouth.net.

Thanks,

Alex Martin

Re: Hardy & Elizabeth Stevens

flo stevens (View posts)
Posted: 23 Nov 2002 9:26PM GMT
John,
I don't have any new information on Martha Stevens who married John M. Taylor, Lowndes Co, MS. The information that she was living in KY about 1891 came from Biographical & Hisorical Memoirs of Mississippi, Vol I, p. 829, Goodspeed Publishing Co., published in 1891. I do not know which county in KY she lived in.

Are you a descendant of this Martha, daughter of Hardy Stevens and wife, Elizabeth Myatt Steven?

I do not have any information on the parents of Isham Stevens or his wife, Winifred Smith. Sorry that I can't help more. If you learn anything new, please pass on to me. Flo
per page

Find a board about a specific topic