Search for content in message boards

Va'afusuaga of Sa'asai, Savai'i?

Va'afusuaga of Sa'asai, Savai'i?

uso (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2006 12:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Aug 2008 12:50PM GMT
Surnames: Va'afusuaga, Kamuta, Anae, Nanai, Tu'ifao
Anyone know of anyone that may have information regarding the Va'afusuaga family of Sa'asa'ai, Savai'i?

The name Va'afusuaga Kamuta comes up on our ancestral line, he married Osofa'i Anae of Falelatai. He had a brother Tu'ifao aswell...i don't know if there were any other siblings.

Va'afusuaga Kamuta's kid's were Afioga (f), Motu Motu (f), Emi (f), Tu'ifao, Anae Aimasi who married Matautu Nanai of Falelatai.

Anyone with info, would be great...
cheers

Re: VA'AFUSUAGA (Sa'asai, Savai'i)?

veni (View posts)
Posted: 20 Oct 2006 3:36AM GMT
Edited: 28 Oct 2006 6:56AM GMT
Surnames: Iosia, Lolofietele, Tootoo, Vaafusuaga
aloha,
we are descendants of Vaafusuaga Pasi Tootoo from Saasaai in Savaii. Our grandma's name is Sipiva M. Lolofietele from the village of Lepa in Samoa. Our great-grandfather was married to our great grandma Selesa Iosia and when Selesa passed away, Pasi went back to Saasaai and cared for his family and he is buried there in Saasaai. One of our cousins was on a mission trip awhile back to Savaii and happen to visit Saasaai and that's when contact was again made with our roots there.
take care,

uso (View posts)
Posted: 23 Oct 2006 2:12AM GMT
Edited: 28 Oct 2006 7:46AM GMT
Surnames: Va'afusuaga
Hey there,

Thanks for the message, i believe that there is a definate relation there.

It's just a matter of finding it now...lol...

Would you have any other information on the Va'afusuaga family of Sa'asa'ai? Like any cousins of your great grandfather or siblings or parents siblings etc...

Those kind of things are hard to dig up though, but if you find the right person, it all pays off..

regards

p.s if u like u can email me at usofrancis@hotmail.com

veni (View posts)
Posted: 23 Oct 2006 8:28AM GMT
Edited: 28 Oct 2006 6:50AM GMT
Surnames: TUUA
hi uso,
I heard from my uncles and aunts there was one I believe niece that was there those days but I don't know if she is still alive, she would be pretty old, but like I said when my cuz was there, the tuua or the elder chief of the village called him to their house and greeted him saying thank God that one of the family finally made it over, since it has been many years before anyone came that way again. I will be leaving to go to Samoa in a few weeks and I will find out for you and then I need to know for myself too, I keep running into people here and they know who we are, but I dont' know anyone, sad huh? well, at least we have a small window we can start with. take care and God bless you and your family.

uso (View posts)
Posted: 25 Oct 2006 12:05AM GMT
Edited: 28 Aug 2008 12:48PM GMT
Surnames: Va'afusuaga, Anae, Nanai, Kamuta, Simaika, Tu'ifao
Hi there Veni

Thanks for the email, hopefully you will unveil some interesting stuff about the aiga in Savai'i.

I am supposedly going to Samoa for a Saofa'i in December but havent yet confirmed. It'll be my first time there, if it goes ahead.

From what i know, our elder in our family line that connects to Va'afusuaga is my grandfathers brother named Anae Nanai Kamuta who is from Matautu Falelatai, but now resides in New Zealand.

Apparantly there is a matai by the name of Va'afusuaga Simaika i think, that is the matai of our extended family in Sa'asa'ai, Savai'i. I think he was a descendant of our great great grandfathers brother name Tu'ifao Va'afusuaga...

This stuff gets more and more interesting, with the more people you meet, and the more facts that come about...

All the best with your family endeavours, and hope one day, we will find our long lost aiga out there...

regards

uso

veni (View posts)
Posted: 1 Nov 2006 10:02AM GMT
Edited: 28 Aug 2008 12:46PM GMT
Surnames: Tu'ifao, Anae, Nanai, Vaafusuaga
aloha,
the most interesting thing is all the names you are mentioning like tu'ifao, anae, nanai, and even the vaafusuaga now are all related to us also. I believe our great granddad Pasi had quite a few brothers and sisters, like you said, we just might meet in Savaii, a ea? like they say "e leiloa lava ala o vae"... you take care and God bless you and your family.

Posted: 2 Nov 2006 5:29AM GMT
Talofa/Hello:

Can you please/fa'amolemole translate:

"...a ea? like they say "e leiloa lava ala o vae"?

We who may be familiar with Samoan phrases and/or understand the Samoan language but were not taught how to read Samoan words would be grateful if you could share in English what you are saying in Samoan.

Fa'afetai/Thanks!
--Manaia

veni (View posts)
Posted: 7 Nov 2006 6:50AM GMT
no problem.... you never know where your feet will take you..... aloha

Posted: 16 Mar 2007 2:31AM GMT
Edited: 28 Aug 2008 12:43PM GMT
Surnames: Anae, Va'afusuaga
Hi there Ven

How was the trip? Did you find the connection ot the Anae family to your side of Pasi Va'afusuaga?

email me at usofrancis@hotmail.com or nanai_anae@hotmail.com

Re: Va'afusuaga of Sa'asai, Savai'i?

Posted: 18 Jun 2008 5:36AM GMT
Edited: 28 Aug 2008 12:43PM GMT
Surnames: Va'Afusuaga, Tuifao
hi, my grandfather was SilauleleiOAmoa Va'Afusuaga of Sa'asa'ai..Tuifao is also a name my grandfather named my 1st cousin..My mums name is Tuifeomalo..I'll ask mum re:your query..
per page

Find a board about a specific topic