2. Thomas Franklin 1836 AL
3. Josephine 1838 AL
4. George Washington 1839 MS*
5. Eugenia Arabella 1842 TX
6. Lydia Antoinette 1844 TX
7. Gillie or Gilly 1847 TX
8. Nathaniel Kimbrough Jr. 1850 TX
9. Matilda Winifred 1857

If you are a descendent or researcher of the above family, please contact me. My line comes from George Washington Alston. I need additional information on this entire family. I have bits and pieces of information on just about everyone on my list; some of the children, I have quite a bit. I have nothing on Nathaniel Kimbrough Jr. 1850; and should have information on him, I wonder why?

Nathaniel 1808 came to Texas in October, 1839 in Montgomery County; he was in Probate Court representing his father-in-law (deceased) on that date. The father-in-law was William May, of Alabama, who came to Texas purchased land, then died soon after (I think) leaving a son, James in the care of his son-in-law and daughter Winifred.

I am attempting to develope my study on this family, if you believe you might be part of this family; I would appreciate corresponding with you.

Nathaniel K. Alston

Posted: 3 Mar 2001 10:48PM GMT
Edited: 30 Mar 2002 1:57PM GMT
Hi Don. First, let me say that I am not sure that our Alstons are connected although they do have some names and geographic commonalities. I am tracing my great great grandfather, Peter B. Alston who married Susannah F. Crosby in Aug. 1863(Troup, GA) while serving in the 37th AL infantry with George W. and Cicero Franklin Alston. His line seems to trace back to NC in the 1700s. I've found Peter B. Alston and w.Martha King Alston b.1790s NC, which later appear in Muscogee, GA then Chambers, AL circa 1850. Along the way they had sons named James M., George Washington and Cicero Franklin Alston. There was also a William H. and Philip Alston in their neighborhood in Muscogee circa 1830-1840s who I believe to be related as well. My gggrandfather was either KIA or died shortly after the war. Apparently, after the war between the states, Cicero F., wife Martha A. and mother Martha moved to TX. I find them in an 1880 Smith co, TX census index along with George W. and his wife Elizabeth, William H. Alston and several children. Cicero F turns up in Wood Co, TX with 2nd wife Martha E. and son Carl F. in 1910. I have seen Nathaniel K, wife Winford and children in Grimes, TX 1850 census and was curious about George W. who was born in MS. Also, the Alabama roots for wife Winford and oldest child made me wonder about possible connections to my Alstons. I found someone on the net who seems to have quite a bit about this family of Nathaniel K. E mail me dura7mater@aol.com for further discussion. Regards, karon

Re: Nathaniel Kimbrough Alston 1808, Waller Co. TX

Mary H. Williams (View posts)
Posted: 30 Sep 2001 2:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Alston, Yancy, Kimbrough,
Hi, Don,
This is the third time I have tried to respond to your message, and I keep hitting the wrong button and sending it who knows where. I have lots of information on the ancestry of your Nathaniel Kimbrough Alston, but I do not have him descended from George Washington Alston. Rather from his father Nathaniel, his father James, Jr., James, Sr. and then John Alston who married Mary ? (many believe Mary Clark, but that has been disproven). George Washington Alston descended from the brother of James Alston, Sr, Philip Alston. I will be glad to forward you a file on this family if you are interested. I would be interested on any information on Nathaniel Kimbrough Alston and his siblings and how they ended up in Texas. I have this line of the family going from NC to Elbert Co., GA and then to Marengo Co., AL, and I lose them there. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Mary

Re: Nathaniel Kimbrough Alston 1808, Waller Co. TX

Posted: 30 Sep 2001 6:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 May 2003 9:37PM GMT
Surnames: Alston, Stephens, Lindley, Loggins, May, Damrow, Wages
Hi Mary;

George Washington Alston was a son of Nathaniel Kimbrough Alston 1839 Lauderdale Co., MS; he is my direct ancestor line. He is buried in Willow Cemetery, near Stamford, Texas in Haskell County. Phillip, also had a son George Washington (which was popular name in time period).

I am aware of Forest King's opinion on Mary Clark; however I am not concerning myself with the correctiness of Mary Clark, at this time.

I will be attempting an indepth study of Nathaniel K. soon, I am trying to finish an attempt to find parentage of Joshua Stephens in Johnston Co., NC, now. As soon I as I give up this attempt, I will return to my Alston family.

Nathaniel is in Marengo County, AL with his family around him. As I have another family (in Stephens) nearby, I run across his name or his kid's names in land transactions in AL. I may or may not follow Nathaniel into Alabama in my study, as current plan was to stop at Nathaniel K. (When they entered into Texas).

Recently I acquired a copy of the land grant issued to Nathaniel Kimbrough, conditional in 1843 but patiented in 1856 in Titus County (now Franklin). I do not know why, he acquired this land, unless it was a hunting piece of property. Interesting, but he did not work this land to my knowledge (if I have any). He lived basically in Waller County near Cordonith (sic); where he raised his family.

I could go on for sometime, maybe we should correspond privately, dlindley@pe.net

Thanks for answering;

Don Lindley
per page

Find a board about a specific topic