Search for content in message boards

Breen Family Tree

Breen Family Tree

Julia Sheil (View posts)
Posted: 11 Feb 2003 7:43PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
I would be very greatful if anyone out there would be able to help me tracing some of my Dads Uncles. A Robert Breen, David Breen and Ellen Breen went to America in the early 1900. They were all born in Oldcourt New Ross Co Wexford Ireland. Their Father's name was Robert Breen and Mother maidain name was Mary Murphy.
Thank you.
Julia

Re: Breen Family Tree

Posted: 28 Apr 2006 7:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
In the Board of Trade records held at the National Archives, Kew London (ref BT 114/2 folio 238) there is a list of Breen who were merchant seamen. Amongst these are two "Breen Wm" from Old Court.

Regards Mathonwy

Don Breen (View posts)
Posted: 28 Apr 2006 5:36PM GMT
Surnames: breen, hannigan, mclaughlin
I am new to this message board but I have trying to track my ggrandfather, John Breen, b.1844. He married Jane Theresa Hannigan in Liverpool 1971 and listed his occupation as 'mariner'. Does the Board of Trade records cover this period and can we get these records in America? His parents are listed as Patrick and Jane (McLaughlin) Breen.
Don

Posted: 14 Feb 2009 12:50AM GMT
there is a new book out on the life of former U.S. Congressman Edward Breen called Lucky Eddie published by the local history co. of Pittsburgh Pa. This is a good book for people interested in Some brances of the Breen family tree. Many photos. can be bought from publisher or on line at barnes and noble or borders

Posted: 28 Feb 2009 3:15PM GMT
Surnames: BREEN
My birth name is Bryan Breen. My grandfather was Robert(BOB) Breen. Lived and died in New Orleans, Louisiana.
BOB was a cab driver for many years.. Had a son Wayne Breen who was my father. You have quite a few relatives here and in Canada. my email is:arealwizard@gmail.com put BREEN in the subject line...

Posted: 8 Jan 2010 3:28AM GMT
My Great Grandmother was Elizabeth Breen, she married a William Chapman and they lived the New Orleans area. Their dauther, Ruth, married James F.Dunn.

It's a shot in the dark, but are you connected to Elizabeth?

Posted: 20 Feb 2011 4:12AM GMT
Surnames: BREEN, LOFTUS
I have a Robert Breen born circa 1830 Ireland, possibly married to a MARY. They had a son wILLIAM born circa 1855 in Ireland, and he married a Mary Loftus in Co Durham in 1877. So the family migrated to England sometime after William's birth 1855 -. By 1871 a Robert and Mary Breen appear in the census for Tow Law, Wolsingham, Co Durham. One of William's sons was John Robert Breen, my grandfather.
Would love to learn more abour Robert Breen's ancestry.
Cheers, Rosemary

Posted: 16 Jul 2013 8:52AM GMT
Surnames: Breen
Hi Mathonwy,
I am very interested in the William Breens from Oldcourt that were merchant seamen - you mentioned them in a post here in 2006 (hope you have the same email address)How would I find these records - are they available online?
Linda

Posted: 5 May 2014 11:48AM GMT
Hi Mathonwy,
I am very interested in the William Breens from Oldcourt that were merchant seamen - you mentioned them in a post here in 2006 (hope you have the same email address)How would I find these records - are they available online?
Thanking You. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Julia Sheil
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions