Search for content in message boards

BROWNS OF SOUTH UNION TWP, FAYETTE CO., PA.

BROWNS OF SOUTH UNION TWP, FAYETTE CO., PA.

Vince Dabecco (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jul 1999 8:11PM GMT
I am a decendant of (John)Wendell Brown by my mother Rosemary (Brown) Dabecco. John Brown is known to have been the first white settler in the territory that is now Fayette County with his sons Maunus, Adam, Thomas and possibly a daughter Catherine around 1751. Adam Brown served in the Virginia Regiment with George Washington. The Brown Farm was in South Union Twp. My grandfathers name is Wade Brown (1877-1972)
Great-grandfather is Noah Brown who is possibly the son of Issac Brown born to Issac(Skiles) Brown and Helen Moore. Maunus Brown
was married to a "Mrs Maunus Brown" as she is referred to in the Latter Day Saints files, born "about 1720" and has no record of death but married Maunus Brown in 1739 having one child Wendell Brown born 1740. We believe "Mrs. Maunus B. to be the daughter of Chief Nemacolin. We have been trying to trace our American Indian ancestry. Nemacolin was a Delaware Chief and migrated to the "Ohio Territory" via the Ohio River. Nemacolin was not a warrior chieftan and probably spent time with the Miamis in Ohio. Part of US Route 40 between Cumberland Md. and Redstone Creek at Brownsville Pa. was referred to as "Nemacolins Path" prior to George Washington creating th "National Road". We would like to trace the migration of Nemacolin and the Delawares. The Delaware (Lenni Lenape) Nation is now in Bartelsville OK. We would like to find the name of "Mrs. Maunus B." and find if she died and was buried in PA or left with Nemacolin. Family legend has her returning to the tribe after the French and Indian War. This would make her roughly 35 years old. Any information is appreciated.

Brown

Cyndy Brown Wilt (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2000 8:42AM GMT
I am looking for Brown's in the same area. My father was William Edward Brown VI. I don't have too much info other than My father's grandmother was born on a ship coming from Ireland. Have you come across any William Edward Brown's in your research? Please e-mail me at cwilt1@yahoo.com. Thank you.

John Wendall Brown

Posted: 14 Sep 2000 10:21PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jul 2003 5:59AM GMT
I have a John Wendall Brown in my line born 1834 am interested in more information on the lineage of your J.W.Brown,brothers; etc.
Please e-mail me at JAlde85948@aol.com

Re: John Wendall Brown

Posted: 28 Jun 2001 6:13AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Brown, Henkins, Stephens
My G-G grandmother Elizabeth Henkins was grandaughter of Adam Brown b. 1760, m. to Christina Statler. Son of Maunus Brown and Indian Woman. Maunus son of Johan Wendell Braun b. abt. 1701 in Germany m. Christiana Margaretha Zorn. Would like any info. available regarding Indian Woman.E-mail me at sgmharms@aol.com (Antbee)

Posted: 28 Jun 2001 6:14AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Brown, Henkins, Stephens
My G-G grandmother Elizabeth Henkins was grandaughter of Adam Brown b. 1760, m. to Christina Statler. Son of Maunus Brown and Indian Woman. Maunus son of Johan Wendell Braun b. abt. 1701 in Germany m. Christiana Margaretha Zorn. Would like any info. available regarding Indian Woman.E-mail me at sgmharms@aol.com (Antbee)

kevin reynolds (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 2006 1:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Brown, Krugh
I have an Eva Emma Viola Brown( Christian B Brown, John Brown Jr, John Brown, Johan Adam Brown, Johan Wendall Braun) b 9/10/1877Adams Co., IN died 5/26/1948 EauClaire, MI who married Corwin Fidelis "Del"Krugh (David M, John H, John)b 11/21/1866 Mercer Co, OH died 9/26/1943 EauClaire, MI. they were married on 9/11/1893 in Paulding Co, OH.
You can view the Krugh branch at Rootsweb database(:3097802). There is a Johan Wendall Brown tree by Cleve Brown at database (farmfolk98).

Re: BROWNS OF SOUTH UNION TWP, FAYETTE CO., PA.

Posted: 1 Apr 2014 3:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
My great grandfather was Edwin S Brown from Delaware County, PA. I know that there was Indian heritage there but very little is known. When I asked my grandmother about it in 1973, she told me to let it be. I have searched off and on since then and found very little. The heritage just isn't easy to trace on that side of the family and I suspect it is because of the tendency to disparage indian heritage and for those who "passed for white" to hide their heritage.

Your post was some time ago. IF you are still actively searching and have found anything, please send me any suggestions.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions