Search for content in message boards

Indian Heritage

Specifics on names

Jane (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sneed, Logue, Lindsey, Overstreet, Bomar
Specifically, I'm looking for the indian relations of John Alexander Sneed,his father John Allen Sneed his wife Lavinia Lindsey,his father John Sneed and his wife Anne Bomar.
Jane Logue married to John Alexander, her mother Matilda Overstreet Logue,married to John Benjamin Logue.
The dates are from 1800 to 1956.
They lived in Maury county, Enterprise Tennessee and possibly Giles County Tennessee.

Indian heritage/Sneed

Edited: 15 Dec 2003 2:35PM GMT
Could you be a bit more definite with names and dates and possible location for these relatives? It might help in identifying them. Thanks.... Ann

Indian Heritage

Jane (View posts)
Edited: 15 Dec 2003 2:35PM GMT
Surnames: Sneed
I am looking for documentation that my family has indian
ancestry. I have always been told that both my Lindsey greatgrandmother and my Sneed Greatgrandmother were of Indian lineage.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Indian Heritage

Posted: 21 Sep 2001 2:16AM GMT
Edited: 8 May 2003 5:36AM GMT
Surnames: Snead/McDaniel
Jane,

I have been told that there was Indian heritage in my family as well...from what I have been able to tell it is on the Snead side....In 1869 in Waynesboro, VA, Gabrilla Snead (Emma Gabrilla or Gebrilla Emma) married Franklin McDaniel....

Sherrie Walkup (View posts)
Posted: 28 Oct 2001 12:55AM GMT
Surnames: Snead/Snead/Hatcher
We have been told that our ggrandmother, Rachel Myra Snead was full blood Cherokee. I am trying to track down info on her and her parents. We think we have found her parents to be Milas Wallice Snead and Nancy Melinda Thorp.
If anyone has any info on this line, please e-mail us.

Sherrie

Posted: 8 Nov 2001 2:25PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jan 2002 3:45PM GMT
Surnames: SNEED, SNEAD, SNED, SNEYD
My great-grandmother was full-blooded Cherokee Indian in Oklahoma. Her "English" name was only "SARAH MELINDA". She married a Richardson and her married name is all I have at this time. I have a cousin in New Mexico who has a picture of SARAH MELINDA RICHARDSON's FATHER, a full-blooded Cherokee Indian. Boy, does he ever embody the Native Americans. Wonderful old picture of that man. I don't have his name yet, but will eventually dig into the Cherokee Indian records to get this information. There are apparently tons of Cherokee Indians who married Sneeds following the Civil War and the collapse of the plantation dynasties in the South.

BTW: I am in transition and have been all over the USA for the past 9 months. If you really need to contact me, the US Mail is probably a better chance. My mailing address until May, 2003 is: PO Box 151, Center, ND 58530. After May, 2003 it is: Rt 3, Box 272 H-1, Monticello, Kentucky 42633. I hope to have more time in the near future to get back to my research. I've been tracing family lines for 30+ years and have only recently begun to dig into the SNEED line. Thanks! Marsha

Sherrie Walkup (View posts)
Posted: 9 Nov 2001 6:37PM GMT
Surnames: Sneed/Snead-Hatcher
Marsha,

I have been doing research on the Sneed/Snead-Hatcher families. I have been trying to find info on Rachel Myra Adison (Sneed) Hatcher. She was m. to William Riley Hatcher. We found a roll #14931 for a William Hatcher, he is their son. We have come to a brick wall. Can not find anymore info. I have more names and dates.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sherrie

Posted: 9 Nov 2001 6:56PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jan 2002 3:45PM GMT
Hi Sherrie,

I guess the first thing I want to say is 'DON'T GIVE UP!' looking. Just 2 hours ago, I found my Cherokee Indian Great-Grandmother's last name! Could not believe it. I've been looking for her name for 32 years. (No I'm
not that old....I started this insane obsession of genealogy when I was 16!).

Anyway, I printed out about 1,000 pages of research yesterday and will be on the lookout for the surname of
Hatcher. Here is a list of surnames that I am currently researching:

SNEED, HICKS, HERRING, MOORE, RICHARDSON, CLOUD, CORNWELL, DONOVAN, GOSSETT, VANZANT, MERANDA, FRANKLIN, STEVENS, FLATTER, BOUSMAN, McCOY, EVANS, JACKS, LAWRENCE

Where are you hung up on researching "Hatcher"?

Marsha Sneed-Folks sunsiray@westriv.com

Posted: 10 Apr 2002 2:26PM GMT
Edited: 10 Apr 2002 10:10PM GMT
I am interested in finding out how to find "Indian" information. My g-gf was Jeremiah SNEED who married a 1/2 Cherokee. His father was Zachariah Taylor SNEED. He married Izza Elizabeth Thompson who father was Rufus Thompson who married the Full bloodied Indian, Iaam trying to get more information about her. any help is appreciated...email me at floridalaa@aol.com ...Linda

brenda richardson mcghee (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2003 9:11PM GMT
Do you know of any Spanish heritage too? I see alot of Indian/Mexican mix in my family. Many people mistake me for Spanish...I did find out that there is Mexican Indian on my mother's side but I see it on my father's side as well. Father is Robert Earl Richardson of KY, his father was Chester Arthur Richardson, and my great grandfather was Coalby RIchardson.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic