Search for content in message boards

African American Starks

African American Starks

Virginia Mercer (View posts)
Posted: 1 Nov 2005 1:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Starks
Looking for information on Charles & Rosa Starks, they are the parents of my great grandmother Mary Starks Lewis and her sister Sarah Starks Newton. Mary was born around 1840 in Virginia, she and my great grandfather John Lewis lived in King George County, VA

Thanks.

Virginia

Re: African American Starks

Jari Honora (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2006 10:28PM GMT
I too am descended from Afr. Amer. Starks. My great-great-great-grandmother was Hettie Starks. She was born in 1829, and lived to be 115.

Virginia Mercer (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2006 10:50PM GMT
Surnames: Starks/Starke
Jari,

Where was your ggg-grandmother born? All indications are that my ggg-grandparents (Charles and Rosa) were born in VA but we are not sure.

Thanks.

Virginia

Jari Honora (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2006 11:20PM GMT
She was born Jan. 1, 1829 in North Carolina. She lived to be 115 years old. As a child she was brought to Bossier Parish, Louisiana. There she and her husband stayed until 1867.
They were owned by the Picketts of Gold Point Plantation.

Posted: 27 Jan 2006 7:46PM GMT
Surnames: Starks/Smith
My grandfather's name was Joseph Starks he was born abt 1902/03 in alabama. All I know is he had @ least 3 siblings Hobart,Howard,Fannie an uncle and aunt SIE/EVA SMITH cousins Melvin,Gradie,Lelia. I think his dad was born in Georgia and his mother in Alabama. Any info about your relatives maybe useful, who knows we could be related. My emal is khamael4448@yahoo.com

Posted: 27 Jun 2006 6:30AM GMT
Surnames: Starks Sullivan Smith
looking for information on samuel k starks born march 28 1912 died june 1981, and lucinda (johnson)Starks not sure of maiden name both from alabama told union town,AL both moved to fort wayne ,IN had ten children,I married his grandson but dont have any info on parents.There are a LOT of starks in Fort Wayne IN,I was told by my grandmother that down south in the 40's and 50's a lot of people moved to In and other northern cities for the vast number of industrial job's.

Posted: 9 Jan 2007 3:31AM GMT
Surnames: Starks, Stocks, Stacks
Just found my grandfather's family listed on 1900 1910 and 1920 census as Stocks (Stacks). Looks like my family are not really Starkses. Maybe someone else in this line changed their names. Here's what I've found. James(jean)Stocks b.abt 1864 in GA m Mary b. 1868 in ALA had Howard b.1896, Frank b.1898,Rebecca b.1901, Joseph b. 1903(my grpa)Hobert .1905 and Fannie b.1907 all in Alabama in Cherokee Co.Howard changed name abt. 1918 on draft card but not on 1920 census. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Posted: 1 Feb 2007 9:27PM GMT
Surnames: Starks
They could have been Starks but because of southen accent they may have gotten it wrong.

Posted: 22 Oct 2007 5:03AM GMT
looking for elvira starks born 1860 in missouri mother jenny fields. elvira died in arkansas 1921-11-20 buried site or photo would help

Posted: 18 Aug 2009 2:40AM GMT
Virginia,

I am a Starks from Chester SC. however my great-great-great grandfather is said to have been from Virginia. Unfortunately I don't know where. His name was Joe and he married a Hannah Estes. I don't know anything about his parents or sibleys. I have the names of most if not all of his children. I have couple Sarah Starks in my family line dating back as far as 1840.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions