Search for content in message boards

John Wells

John Wells

Melissa Danysh (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2004 3:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am interested in finding information on John Wells. The information that I have is sketchy, at best. John Wells is said to have been part indian (no idea which nation), and I would guess he was born sometime between 1860 and 1880. He had a daughter, named Lockey Pearl Wells who was from Roanoke, VA, she married Enos Franklin Jones, son of John Jackson Jones, and they had two sons, Eddy (still living) and Enos Marion (1932= 1986). I believe that at one time Lockey and family lived in New Mexico and Colorado, and possibly Texas, since that is where both sons wound up. I have a family member looking to see if anything further can be provided, in the meantime, I thought I would post some "feelers" to see if anyone can add anything. Thanks for any help.

Re: John Wells

Posted: 25 Aug 2004 6:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: John Wells
Hello Melissa,

I do not know if the following information will help, but I too am looking for info on John Wells - here's what I have so far...

I'm John Jacob Wells Jr, my grandfather was Jacob Edward Wells of Palmyra, PA. My father John Sr., handed down to me a civil war medal and it reads - John Wells, Co I, 20th Mass., Vol. This is what I found so far but I need more help to go forward and/or back with this research (I'm new at all this too) anyway this is what I have so far - John Wells of Boston, MA., Occupation: moulder. In 1862 at the age of 23, he enlisted in the 20th Mass., Co I, at the rank of Private. His term of service ended in 1864.

I have more information being sent to me this week - I'll try to post it as soon as possible, but you or anyone else can write me directly sfcraret@yahoo.com.

I am also interested in finding out about my indian history - my Gradfather Jacob was married to Mary Rodkey whos mother was full indian - either Cherokee or Chippawa.

Anyone can jump in and help – I would truly appreciate it – thanks…!

John
per page

Find a board about a specific topic