Search for content in message boards

BAKER, DOWDEN, CARLE

BAKER, DOWDEN, CARLE

Posted: 14 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Jul 2001 12:44AM GMT

Researching Marion Co., IN for information about Augustus DOWDEN, Thomas CARLE (Carroll), and any BAKER families. From about 1820 on to 1860 or later.0 or later.

Baker Families

Deanna McCormack (View posts)
Posted: 3 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: McCune, Aspy, Vance, Umble, Baker
I am researching the Jesse Baker family of Shelby Indiana and Adams County Indiana. Jesse Baker was born 1806 in Kentucky and married Lydia Vance Umble Feb 26 1834 in Shelby Indiana. They had seven children:Emeline,John,Marion,Elias, Sally(Sarah),Mary Jane,and Owen.This family seems to have stayed in the Shelby Indiana area.
Do these people cross your tree?
Deanna McCormack
patdeemc@gv.net

Baker, Miller, etc.

Posted: 13 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 8:10PM GMT
Surnames: Bolander
Kim, what Bolanders are you looking for? Ruth

Baker Family

Posted: 13 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jan 2002 5:10AM GMT
Surnames: Baker, Miller, Bolander
I have a William Hambledon Baker, b bet 1830-34 in Indiana, he moved to CA abt 1850-54, where he married Sarah Carolyn Boyes in Redding, CA abt 1858. They moved part of their family back to Indianapolis abt 1878.

William had only 1 brother, Newton Baker, b 1/1/1828. He married Avice Davis Miller 1/25/1849. They had 2 children, John William b 5/3/1850 and Eliza Jane b Nov 12, 1856. Eliza and Newton both died in July, 1864. John W. died Feb 24, 1885, and might have been married/had children.

I do not know who Newton and William H. Baker's parents were. I do know they were from Marion Co, IN, and that's why William returned with his family. If any of this sounds familiar, can you please help?
Thanks, Kim kimvierra@hotmail.com

Bakers and Bolanders

Posted: 16 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jan 2002 5:10AM GMT
Surnames: Baker, Bolander, Newkirk, Kane
Hi, my 3rd ggma was Elizabeth C. Bolander, d/o Andrew J. Bolender and Angeline Newkirk. Elizabeth had 5 sisters and 1 bro: Electa, Eliza Jane, Mary, Martha, Sarah, and John. Elizabeth married William W. Kane, who we think came to Marion Co, IN from AR, but I cannot find a record of their marriage (abt 1866). William and Elizabeth only had 1 son:Julius Ceaser Kane, because she moved back with her family while still pregnant with Julius. Julius roamed quite a bit, but returned to Marion Co, IN and married Cora E. Baker in 1892. Cora was the d/o William H. Baker and Sarah (Sallie) Boyes.

Andrew Bolender was born Jan 19, 1810 in Cinn., OH, and moved with family to Marion Co, IN where he was a blacksmith and farmed. I do not know anything about Angeline Newkirk's family, as yet. I wrote more about the Baker clan in a previous message, so won't detail it here. The Kanes are still a mystery!!

I'd love to fill in more info about these families, and would appreciate any help.
Kim

Re: Baker Families

Betty Jackson (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 2001 5:16PM GMT
Hi. My Family started with a John Baker. But this is all we know except he lived in Indiana. He had a son John Issac Baker. Married a Mary Alice Cole. If this is correct please contact me.
Thank you Betty Jackson

Re: Baker Families

Posted: 28 Sep 2002 3:21AM GMT
Yes, Jesse and Lydia Baker also are in our family tree. If you have more info please contact me. Cheryl
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions