Search for content in message boards

Gustav Rudolf Kittilsen

Gustav Rudolf Kittilsen

Posted: 8 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Jun 2003 2:24AM GMT
Surnames: Kittilsen, Nordgaard, Nirisen
Family in Norway is looking for descendants of Gustav Rudolf Kittilsen, born March 15, 1877 in Skien, Telemark. He immigrated to America before 1900.

Also Niri Kittilsen, born April 30, 1819 in Oeyfjell, Telemark. He married Ragnhild Aslaksdtr, born January 17, 1824. They immigrated to the US in 1882 with children Anne and Guro. Son Kittil had immigrated in 1879.

Posted: 9 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Thank you but this is a rare event in genealogy - looking for descendants rather than ancestors. Norwegian family would like to find American family.

Rauland Telemark

PR (View posts)
Posted: 9 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:32PM GMT
The family appears in the 1865 census in Rauland on a farm called 'Storehaug under Dyrdal'. The census indicates birth parishes for each member of the family. Investigating the church records of these parishes should provide genealogical details and ancestry.

Query Board Request

Posted: 18 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 Mar 2002 11:44PM GMT
Surnames: Kittlesen, Nirisen
I saw the post for Kittilsen and Nirisen on the Norway List.
When I was going thru some information for my own search on Juve from Telemark, there were some baptisms at the Burke Lutheran Church in Madison WI, listed as follows:
Parents/ Aslak Kittelsen Sonderland & Aashild Oldsdatter -child Kittel (b)9/1/1874 baptised 10/18/1874.
child Berthe Gurine (b) 9/1/1974 baptised 10/18/1874.

also,Parents: Thrond Kittelsen Reindahl Slettelvedt/Ingeborg Osmundsdatter
child Signe (b)10/19/1874 -Baptized 11/10/1874

Thorbjor Nerisen/Anna Nerisen were witnesses at the following baptism:
Parents: Halvor Bjorgufsen Tveten/Aase Kristensdatter
child: Elsine (b) 1/11/1874 Baptized 2/21/1874.

Do not know if any of these are relatives for which you are looking.

Re: Gustav Rudolf Kittilsen

Kay Neubauer (View posts)
Posted: 21 Nov 2001 3:40AM GMT
Hello Ida,
I do not know if our family is related to yours yet. My family went by both Kittilsen and Traaen when they arrived in Minnesota in 1881. Last known location for my ggrandfather, Ole K KIttilsen/Traaen, was Fladal, Seljord, Telemark. I have an old letter written by his supervisor at work, saying that he had been working at lowering the lake level of Fladsjo for the past year and that he was a clever worker. He called my ggrandfather: Ole Kittilsen Odegaard. I think that possibly his mother was Margit Olson, living maybe on Vadder. Ole was born in 1856, his brother Halvor Kittilsen in 1858 and brother Kittil Kittilsen in 1864. Ole kept the Traaen name, and stated that his father was Kittil Traaen on his death cert. Also on Halvor's death cert it said, father Kittil Traaen. We think that possibly the father Kittil Traaen may have gone by Valufsin at one time. Any of this familiar? Kay Neubauer

Posted: 21 Nov 2001 3:13PM GMT
It is my friend in Norway who is looking for this ancestor. He didn't have a home computer when I posted the message. Now he does, and I have forwarded your message to him. I hope that you have a match because he has extensive genealogical information on his ancestors.

kay Neubauer (View posts)
Posted: 22 Nov 2001 1:05AM GMT
Hello again Ida,
Thank you. I know it is a long shot, as there as so many Kittils and Kittilsens in Norway, and especially Telemark. Maybe I will get lucky!!
Kay Neubauer

Posted: 17 Mar 2002 2:42AM GMT
Edited: 17 Mar 2002 5:04AM GMT
Ida-

I hope you're still out there! I just started looking for info on my Kittilson ancestors. My grandmother is Gertrude Anna Kittilson Lyman, daughter of Gustav Rudolf Kittilson, b. 15 March 1877 in Skien. Would you forward this information to your friend?

Thanks!

Jenn Wagner

Posted: 17 Mar 2002 4:00PM GMT
I will be happy to forward this message, as I think you may have found a cousin. Good luck.

Posted: 6 Mar 2003 4:42PM GMT
I might be interested in your lineage. I am a Nerison and my wife is a Kittelson. Nerisons from Lårdal and Kittelsons from Tinn.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions