Search for content in message boards

PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP FIND OUT MORE ROSE ANN DOCHERTY

PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP FIND OUT MORE ROSE ANN DOCHERTY

Posted: 15 Apr 2012 5:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
hi my grandmother born 1926 died 1961 it bit of a mystery her birth name is rose ann DOCHERTY but her parents were robert McGINNIGLE Agnes BLYTHE we know she married William WILLIANSON we would love to find out where the name DOCHERTY came from and as much about rose ann DOCHERTY as we know very little they came from the calton glasgow scotland hope there is someone out there that could help us many thanks :)

Re: PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP FIND OUT MORE ROSE ANN DOCHERTY

Posted: 17 Apr 2012 10:01PM GMT
Where did she live/pass away?

Posted: 9 Jan 2013 7:01AM GMT
There are variations in the spelling, Dogerty, Daugherty, Doherty, etc. my Dohertys came from Scotland to Prince Edward Island, Canada to Massachusetts.,USA. The spelling changed along the way and depending on who took the info. Was spelled differently among the family members. You may need to try the variations. Let me know if I can help any further. If you know the area where she was, that may help a little better.

Posted: 11 Nov 2014 4:30PM GMT
Edited: 11 Nov 2014 4:39PM GMT
Surnames: Blyth/McGinnigle/Docherty/Williamson
Tracy,
I believe Rose may have been born in 1926 under the name Roseann Docherty McGinnigle. This information is on Scotlands People, and she was born at Calton, just like you said. I believe this is her.

There is then a marriage in 1945 of Rose Ann McGinnigle to a William McIlroy Williamson at Provan in Glasgow. Do you think this is her marriage?

They may have had a child - Rose Williamson, born 1945, but I am not 100 per cent certain about this child being hers... only certain that a child of this name was born in 1945.

You say her parents were Robert McGinnigle and Agnes Blyth, so I think she was born as McGinnigle but with the middle name Docherty.

She then dies at Dennistoun in Glasgow (not far from Calton) at the age of 34 in 1961, according to Scotlands People. She dies with the name Roseann Docherty McGinnigle Williamson.

Hope this helps,
Brian
per page

Find a board about a specific topic