Search for content in message boards

SMITH: JAMES WILLIAM NORTON

SMITH: JAMES WILLIAM NORTON

pauline lancaster (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2004 5:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: NORTON-SMITH
James WILLIAM NORTON-SMITH came to Van Dieman's Land (Tasmania) in 1869. Manager for the V.D.L.Co. He was born in Nailsworth, near Stroud, in Gloucestershire.Can you please help with his birth, parents and Grand parents. I believe his father maybe William Smith and mother ??? Norton.

Re: SMITH: JAMES WILLIAM NORTON

Posted: 24 Oct 2010 10:10AM GMT
It is probably far too late to reply to this post, but only just found it. I strongly suspect your James is the brother of my Jane Norton Smith. I know they had some relatives in Tasmania.

Contact me if you still want further information.

Regards
Barbara Anstie

Posted: 31 Jul 2012 4:21AM GMT
Hi

This may help. My Great Aunt was married to one of his sons but they had no children.

http://adb.anu.edu.au/biography/smith-james-william-norton-4...

Regards

Posted: 30 Dec 2012 10:09AM GMT
Surnames: norton smith
Hello Barbara, lets do some digging or exchanging info to see if we have the same family. Maybe I will look for you on Ancestry too. At your tree I mean.
Regards Pauline

Posted: 3 Jan 2013 10:54PM GMT
Hi!

Happy to share info. Hopefully you've been able to see my 'Anstie Family Tree' by now which is where you'll find JWN Smith and the family I know of.

In the media section of my tree, but not connected to any individual I have three pictures that you may be able to help identify. Maud Smith (Mrs Sanderson), Mrs W Norton Smith and W Norton Smith. I think W Norton Smith looks like the Tasmanian James William Norton Smith, but I can't be sure. What do you think?

Regards
Barbara
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions