Search for content in message boards

Cowells in kansas city

Cowells in kansas city

Larry Cowell (View posts)
Posted: 8 Feb 2001 10:02AM GMT
Need Info On Cowells In Or Around Kansas City In 1940-PRESENT

Cowell's -Kansas-1867 fr. Indiana to Paola,Ks.

Posted: 8 Feb 2001 4:41PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2001 11:41AM GMT
Solon Cowell m. Mary Sisson
Moved to Paola, Kansas 1867
Family always in Leather Goods then Firstone tires.
His son Joseph Cowell m. Mary Brockman 1902 sold bus. and retired in 1927/ Long Beach , Ca. I know there must be some Cowell's around Kansas. Would love to met some off of my line ,plus Brockmans or Kelly's from Independence, Mo. Both the Kelly and Brockman's were early Virgina lines that came west. SOLON COWELL IS OFF OF EDWARD COWELL-BOSTON 1640.
I know a man down the street that is off a Kansas line of Cowell's that came to America 1860's. He even has the diary from his boat ride across the Atlantic.
Katherine Cowell Collins

Kansas Cowells

Jill (View posts)
Posted: 16 Apr 2001 10:59AM GMT
My mother was a Cowell from Caldwell, Kansas. Her father, William Andrew Cowell came from Molton, Iowa to Kansas. I'm not sure when but would guess about 1890-1900.

Cowell's in Iowa

Posted: 16 Apr 2001 8:18PM GMT
Edited: 3 Aug 2002 8:51PM GMT
Do you know if william had a brother by the name of Robert C. Cowell who lived in Iowa after the civil war, but moved on to South Dakota. Am trying to find any connections. any information would be greatly appreciated. email me at deship@juno.com

Cowell's in Paola, Kansas/1870's

Posted: 18 Apr 2001 6:05PM GMT
I have a neighbor Cowell whoes family came into Kansas about 1870's right from England . He even has their diary of the boat ride. Maybe this is your line? I believe they were from the n. Central West part of the State.
Katherine Cowell Collins .

Cowell's of Kansas

Posted: 19 Apr 2001 8:19AM GMT
Katherine, could find out from your neighbor cowell if there was a Christopher or Margaret Cowell. Or how I can contact them for information. Thanks so much for your help.Darlene

Margaret and Christopher Cowell / Kansas

Posted: 28 Apr 2001 9:40PM GMT
I saw Mr. Bayles in Santa Barbara,Ca. at the Mayflower Meeting today and he said you wrote him this week about your Kansas Cowell's. He was sorry, but could not find your Kansas Cowell's in his line that came right from England to Kansas in 1850's. He will Email me your dates and just maybe I can help you. I will get back to you next week.
Katherine Cowell Collins. P.S. haveyou rested any vital info to the Kansas State Historical Society?

Robert C. Cowell/ B. 5.21.1843/ Gurnsey, Iowa

Posted: 1 May 2001 8:59PM GMT
I had lunch with Mr. John Bayles at The Mayflower Meeting in Santa Barbara, Ca. Sat. He is off of the Kansas Cowell's 1850 Ist in America. He mailed me your Cowell history which arrived today.You would not be off his line at all. Your Cowell's are to old. Have you requested from Gurnsey, Iowa vital statistics?
Katherine Cowell Collins

Robert C.Cowell

Posted: 3 May 2001 3:23PM GMT
Robert Cowell was born in Guernsey County Ohio not Iowa. I have the information on him. I am trying to establish his parents. All I have are their names which are Christopher Cowell and Margaret Richards. Christopher is listed on the 1860 Census for Iowa, That is where Robert enlisted in the Civil War. I am following another line right now will let you know if it leads anywhere. Any information you can find for me would really be appreciated. My email address is deship@juno.com

Cowell Book

Posted: 3 May 2001 7:35PM GMT
It sound like your Cowell's came to America later than my Colonial Cowell -Boston , Mass. Book 1640. You can send the book back and I will give your money back. Received your Genealogy today in the mail. I will put it in my files. Are you solid on the the 1820 date? Good luck!
Katherine Cowell Collins
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions